The death toll in the massive 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti Jan. 12 is expected to continue to rise in the coming days, likely in large part because of corruption and resulting shoddy construction practices in the poor Caribbean nation, according to a seismologist.
- Industry corruption, shoddy construction likely contributed to Haiti quake devastationThu, 14 Jan 2010, 18:37:01 EST
- WHOI expert: Haiti quake occurred in complex, active seismic regionThu, 14 Jan 2010, 12:49:47 EST
- Scientists return to Haiti to assess possibility of another major quakeTue, 26 Jan 2010, 16:38:42 EST
- Purdue-led research team finds Haiti quake caused by unknown faultMon, 25 Oct 2010, 16:21:20 EDT
- First satellite map of Haiti earthquakeThu, 14 Jan 2010, 12:49:44 EST