Popular Science articles about Biology & Nature
The first comprehensive analysis of the woolly mammoth genome reveals extensive genetic changes that allowed mammoths to adapt to life in the arctic. Mammoth genes that differed from their counterparts...
A research team's discovery of new information about how plants synthesize carotenoids, precursors for vitamin A that are essential for plant development and survival, and human health, could help scientists...
Scientists behind the first global distribution maps of two species of dengue and chikungunya-carrying mosquitoes warn they are spreading to new areas where they could cause disease.
Scientists at the University of York and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Australia have made a key genetic discovery in poppies, paving the way for more effective painkillers.
There is no longer any doubt: We are entering a mass extinction that threatens humanity's existence.
Scientists at the University of Southampton have found a way to pry into the private lives of fish - by looking in their ears.
Biology News in Images
- Keep up Ebola screenings for West Africa, WHO says
- Neural circuit in fruit flies detects anti-aphrodisiac
- In obesity, heightened imagination for smell may drive food cravings, weight gain
- Scientists develop free, online genetic research tool
- Discovery could improve in vitro fertilization success rates for women around the world
- Animals' infections can impact most on relatives, study finds
- Genome researchers raise alarm over big data
- Unlocking Lignin for Sustainable Biofuel
- First images of dolphin brain circuitry hint at how they sense sound
- Sculpting a Cell's Backside
- Temperature a dominant influence on bird diversity loss in Mexico
- Fishing ban rescues Robben Island penguin chicks
- C. difficile needs iron, but not too much: Insights into maintaining it 'just right'
- A checkpoint enzyme for flawless cell division
- Scientists discover new way to kill malaria parasite
- Thousands of birds abandon eggs, nests on Florida island
- New information on brain development, fertility discovered
- Researchers find the organization of the human brain to be nearly ideal
- Mitochondrial metagenomics: How '-omics' is saving wild bees
- Developing Brains Fold Like Crumpled Paper to Get Their Convolutions
- Age-related cognitive decline tied to immune-system molecule
- Spidey Senses Tingling! Arachnids Feel Sex
- Maine fisherman catches extremely rare two-colored lobster
- Bike-riding raccoon goes for a spin
- Blacklegged tick populations have expanded via migration, biologists show
- Baits, underwater cameras to help count world's sharks
- Reading Minds Across Oceans With OpenfMRI | Video
- Big city life: New leafhopper species found on a threatened grass in New Jersey
- New cases of Ebola emerge in Liberia
- The Illusion of Time: What's Real?
Popular Biology news
No popular news yet
- First comprehensive analysis of the woolly mammoth genome completed
- Study finds males may contribute to offspring's mental development before pregnancy
- The bizarre mating habits of flatworms
- A tale of 2 (soil) cities
- Researchers develop world's most sensitive test to detect infectious disease, superbugs
- Stanford researcher declares that the sixth mass extinction is here
- What fish ears can tell us about sex, surveillance and sustainability
- Researchers discover first sensor of Earth's magnetic field in an animal
- Spider and centipede venom evolved from insulin-like hormone
- To be sperm, or not to be sperm?