Popular Science articles about Biology & Nature
Big data: It's a term we read and hear about often, but is hard to grasp. Computer scientists at Washington University in St. Louis' School of Engineering & Applied Science...
Foraging bats obey their own set of 'traffic rules', chasing, turning and avoiding collisions at high speed, new research from the University of Bristol has found.
CRISPR-Cas9 is a powerful new tool for editing the genome. For researchers around the world, the CRISPR-Cas9 technique is an exciting innovation because it is faster and cheaper than previous...
In the first study of an entire wine grapevine's microbiome, researchers have found that the microbes associated with the grapes, leaves and flowers are largely derived from the soil microbes...
In a world first, researchers have found that a naturally occurring chemical attracts pregnant malaria-transmitting mosquitoes -- a discovery which could boost malaria control efforts.
One of the surprising discoveries to emerge from the young field of comparative genomics is that drastically different organisms--humans, sea urchins, worms, flies --are endowed with a more or less...
Kansas State University scientists have released findings of a complex, two-year study of the genomic diversity of wheat that creates an important foundation for future improvements in wheat around the...
Research at the University of Adelaide's Waite campus has shed light on the action of the serious agricultural pest, cereal cyst nematode, which will help progress improved resistant varieties.
Biology News in Images
- Airline: Germanwings pilot had over 6,000 hours in flying experience
- New Autism-causing Genetic Variant Identified
- New to nature No 140: Anthroherpon cecai and A sinjajevina
- How does a chick breathe in the egg?
- Precocious GEM: Shape-shifting sensor can report conditions from deep in the body
- Volvo releases reflective spray paint for cyclists
- Over a dozen killed in al-Shabab attack on Mogadishu hotel
- Color of lettuce determines the speed of its antioxidant effect
- Researchers Discover How Body's Good Fat Tissue Communicates With Brain
- A long-standing mystery in membrane traffic solved
- Evolutionary novelties in vision
- Sierra Leone on lockdown after new Ebola cases
- Rare porpoises in China get a lifeline
- Winged drones look and move like real butterflies
- Ebola 'Supervirus' Is Unlikely, Experts Say
- What is a BRCA Mutation's Link to Cancer?
- Well: A Colorful Passover Seder
- Critics question study that denied pesticides' danger to bees
- Final Six: Stunning Animal Photos in Wild Competition
- Pacific-wide study reveals striped marlins' preferred habitat, may help avoid overfishing
- Monkey captured after a day on the run in North Carolina
- UK drew wrong conclusion from its neonicotinoids study, scientist says
- Cells Can Ferry Drugs In Disk-Shaped Packs
- Dow Chlorine Business Will Go To Olin
- Longevity: Role of genes is greater with living to older ages
- Carnival game mimics eye growth
- Podcast: Falling through Earth, ancient bacteria in human guts, and 1000 genes you really don’t need
- Shark Tagged by NSU's Guy Harvey Research Institute Is Apparently Enjoying Time in Warm, Tropical Waters
- Two Most Destructive Termite Species Forming Superswarms in South Florida
- Are Tools for Tweaking Embryonic Cells Ethical? (Op-Ed)
Popular Biology news
No popular news yet
- Big data allows computer engineers to find genetic clues in humans
- Manganese speeds up honey bees
- 30 new species discovered in Los Angeles in first-ever intensive urban biodiversity survey
- Bats obey 'traffic rules' when trawling for food
- Sexual selection isn't the last word on bird plumage, UWM study shows
- First detailed microscopy evidence of bacteria at the lower size limit of life
- Menopausal whales are influential and informative leaders
- Scientists pinpoint molecule that switches on stem cell genes
- Genetically speaking, mammals are more like their fathers
- Researchers develop detailed genetic map of world wheat varieties