Popular Science articles about Biology & Nature
A new imaging technique has allowed researchers at North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the University of Pittsburgh to see how DNA loops...
Public health efforts to reduce dietary sodium intake have been hindered by an incomplete understanding of the complex process by which humans and other mammals detect salty taste.
European bison imported from Poland now roam Denmark's Baltic island of Bornholm in places where the animals haven't lived for thousands of years. Meanwhile, in a far corner of Siberia,...
Researchers at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have developed a new technology to detect disease biomarkers in the form of nucleic acids, the building blocks of all living organisms.
Living systems rely on a dizzying variety of chemical reactions essential to development and survival. Most of these involve a specialized class of protein molecules--the enzymes.
Researchers at the University of Minnesota have engineered a new synthetic biopathway that can more efficiently and cost-effectively turn agricultural waste, like corn stover and orange peels, into a variety...
Database searches for DNA sequences that can take biologists and medical researchers days can now be completed in a matter of minutes, thanks to a new search method developed by...
Biology News in Images
- On Darwin's birthday, tomato genetics study sheds light on plant evolution
- 'Jaws' may help humans grow new teeth, shark study suggests
- Software Optimized on Mira Advances Design of Mini-Proteins for Medicines, Materials
- Feds: Remove 3 California foxes from endangered species list
- Winter Feast: Camera Trap Offers a Candid Look at Idaho's Scavengers
- Genome studies can help identify lifestyle risks for diseases
- Gene switch may repair DNA and prevent cancer
- Study: Neanderthal DNA may influence modern depression risk
- Same Gene Dictates Size of Two Sensory Brain Areas
- Male biology students consistently underestimate female peers, study finds
- Scientists create mini-brains to study neurological diseases
- Jaden Schwartz makes triumphant return as St. Louis Blues top Florida Panthers
- Miami Dolphins release Brice McCain, Quinton Coples
- Matt Forte says goodbye to Chicago Bears
- Former UFC champ Kevin Randleman dead at 44
- Stability in ecosystems: Asynchrony of species is more important than diversity
- Scientists in Panama call for alert as cobia, a potentially invasive fish, spreads
- Daddy-long-legs spider wins fight against brown snake
- Surprise role for dopamine in social interplay
- Real-time Ebola fusion system yields clues to stopping infection
- Novel neuroprotective therapy found to enhance memory
- Image: Sentinel 2 over Madrid
- Chicago to host NHL draft
- Sea lion shows off habitat using selfie stick
- Tom Hiddleston takes on Hugh Laurie in 'The Night Manager' trailer
- [Perspective] A unifying model of epigenetic regulation
- Skilled Workers: Study Shows the Talents of Leafcutter Ants
- Quake mobile app invites public test
- Origins Of "Rage" Identified in Brain in Male Animal Model
- Rare wild lynx caught on camera in Sweden