Popular Science articles about Physics & Chemistry
Kit Lam and colleagues from UC Davis and other institutions have created dynamic nanoparticles (NPs) that could provide an arsenal of applications to diagnose and treat cancer. Built on an...
By combining plasmonics and optical microresonators, researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have created a new optical amplifier (or laser) design, paving the way for power-on-a-chip applications.
Ever heard of the water window? It consists of radiations in the 3.3 to 4.4 nanometre range, which are not absorbed by the water in biological tissues. New theoretical findings...
Nanometre-scale gold particles are intensively investigated for application as catalysts, sensors, drug delivery devices, biological contrast agents and components in photonics and molecular electronics. Gaining knowledge of their atomic-scale structures,...
For the first time, chemists have succeeded in measuring vibrational motion of a single molecule with a femtosecond time resolution. The study reveals how vibration of a single molecule differs...
Researchers from MIT, Pennsylvania State University, and Carnegie Mellon University have devised a new way to separate cells by exposing them to sound waves as they flow through a tiny channel. Their device, about the size of a dime, could...
Decades of experiments have verified the quirky laws of quantum theory again and again. So when scientists in Germany announced in 2012 an apparent violation of a fundamental law of...
Researchers from North Carolina State University have developed a novel and versatile modeling strategy to simulate polyelectrolyte systems. The model has applications for creating new materials as well as for...
Your chairs, synthetic rugs and plastic bags could one day be made out of cocoa, rice and vegetable waste rather than petroleum, scientists are now reporting. The novel process they...
Where the river meets the sea, there is the potential to harness a significant amount of renewable energy, according to a team of mechanical engineers at MIT.
Physics News in Images
- Sara Bareilles performs 'Smile' during Robin Williams Emmy Tribute
- Advanced hypersonic weapon destroyed during U.S. test
- Scientists Craft Atomically Seamless, Thinnest-Possible Semiconductor Junctions
- NASA completes successful battery of tests on composite cryotank
- Awakening the potential of plasma acceleration
- Surface dynamics studies yield resilient materials for applications in high-intensity environments
- Laser pulse turns glass into a metal
- Magnetic memories on the right track
- Atoms to product: Aiming to make nanoscale benefits life-sized
- LIGO Generations | Trailer Video
- Gadolinium-based material that can be cooled by varying magnetic field
- Technology on the catwalk
- Optical microscope technique confirmed as valid nano-measurement tool
- When an exciton acts like a hole
- Experiments explain why some liquids are 'fragile' and others are 'strong'
- A rough guide to science advice
- Hackerspaces used to turn ideas turn into reality
- "Zombie" Servers and Inefficiency Drive Energy Waste at Data Centers
- What is Mechanical Engineering?
- Sydney Harbour is polluted with tiny particles of plastic
- Australian scientists are a step closer to converting sunlight and water into fuel
- Masten Space Systems Aims High on XS-1 Military Space Plane Project
- Indonesia passes law to tap volcano power
- Magnetic levitation in 3D advances
- Justin Bieber under investigation for attempted battery, theft
- US closes probe into Camry Hybrid brake problems
- 4 college students dead in small plane crash in Ohio
- George Takei Helps Beam $650K to 'Star Trek' Fan Film
- How 'Skin' Sensors Could Turn Planes Super-Smart
- Gwen Stefani sparkles in silver at 2014 Emmy awards
Popular Physics news
- Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- Stanford team achieves 'holy grail' of battery design: A stable lithium anode
- Organic photovoltaic cells of the future
- Nanoscale details of electrochemical reactions in electric vehicle battery materials
- Diamond defect interior design