Popular Science articles about Physics & Chemistry
Researchers at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR), the Vienna University of Technology and the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Lublin have succeeded in embedding nearly perfect semiconductor crystals into a silicon nanowire. With...
Physicists Sergei Filippov (MIPT and Russian Quantum Center at Skolkovo) and Mario Ziman (Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, and the Institute of Physics in Bratislava, Slovakia) have found a...
Popping the blisters on the bubble wrap might be the most enjoyable thing about moving. But now, scientists propose a more productive way to reuse the popular packing material --...
Scientists now have a better understanding of how short DNA strands decompose in microseconds. A European team found new fragmentation pathways that occur universally when DNA strands are exposed to...
Nanophotonics experts at Rice University have created a unique sensor that amplifies the optical signature of molecules by about 100 billion times. Newly published tests found the device could accurately...
String bends, tapping, vibrato and whammy bars are all techniques that add to the distinctiveness of a lead guitarist's sound, whether it's Clapton, Hendrix, or BB King.
If you've ever tried to watch a video on a tablet on a sunny day, you know you have to tilt it at just the right angle to get rid...
Scientists have designed a new self-assembling nanoparticle that targets tumours, to help doctors diagnose cancer earlier.
Using a newly developed, ultrafast femtosecond infrared light source, chemists at the University of Chicago have been able to directly visualize the coordinated vibrations between hydrogen-bonded molecules -- the first...
Physics News in Images
- Could tailored golf balls improve golfing performance?
- Row over 'bonkers' EU energy plan
- The first direct-diode laser bright enough to cut and weld metal
- Affordable Batteries for Green Energy are Closer than We Think
- Properties of Matter: Solids
- Colin Firth says he didn't try to play Woody Allen in 'Magic in the Moonlight'
- Technique simplifies the creation of high-tech crystals
- A new multi-bit 'spin' for MRAM storage
- Sen. John Walsh accused of plagiarism in 2007 paper
- Boeing delivers modernized AWACS plane to France
- Security solutions set for upgrade at Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport
- Leader of Lab That Had Anthrax Accident Resigns
- Researchers call for easy access to contraception
- Google offers big prize for small power box
- IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
- Donald Trump breaks ground on $200 millon DC hotel
- Washington man dives out of moving car to avoid argument with girlfriend
- France still building aircraft carriers for Russia
- Air and Missile Defense Radar passes design reviews
- Researchers Print Electronic Memory On Paper
- Boosting the force of empty space
- Scientists use simple, low cost laser technique to improve properties and functions of nanomaterials
- Sarah Palin caught speeding, blames Sammy Hagar song
- EIA: Iran still hurt by sanctions
- Enhanced NIST instrument enables high-speed chemical imaging of tissues
- Overdoing it: Multiple perspectives confuse consumers
- Company converts coconut husk fibers into materials for cars and homes
- New etching process builds custom nanostructures for X-ray optics
- Car dealership gives international college student disputed refund in loose change
- Sandia Ensures US Nuclear Weapons Deterrent Can Remain Effective, Credible