A group of scientists, led by a team from the University of Bristol, UK has observed a sudden increase of ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica. The research is published today in Science.
Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, have developed algorithms that enable robots to learn motor tasks through trial and error using a process that more closely approximates the way...
When you mention rich ecosystems that are vital for life on Earth, people tend to think of rainforests, but ocean plankton are actually just as crucial. The microscopic beings that...
Ecologists from the University of York, together with the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) and the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), have developed a new method to better identify where poachers operate in protected areas.
An association between resting heart rate and diabetes suggests that heart rate measures could identify individuals with a higher future risk of diabetes, according to an international team of researchers.
Last year, researchers at the University of Missouri published a study on genetic diversity in American black bears in Missouri, Arkansas and Oklahoma and determined that conservation management is needed...
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
Science News in Images
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
- Rotating Or Mixing? Science Determines The Best Way To Slow Herbicide-Resistant Weeds
- New computational technique advances color 3D printing process
- Study: Pain response can be shaped subconsciously
- From reverberating chaos to concert halls, 'good acoustics' is culturally subjective
- Get an Astronaut's-Eye View of SpaceX's Escape Plan
- Visualizing How Radiation Bombardment Boosts Superconductivity
- Study outlines 20-year process to create meteorological partnership between US and Cuba
- SeaWorld Rescuers Clean Oiled Sea Lion
- Brightest galaxy in the universe discovered
- American Indians disproportionately disciplined at school compared to white students
- Estuaries protect Dungeness crabs from deadly parasites
- Physicists develop efficient method of signal transmission from nanocomponents
- 'Tomorrowland' Celebrates Walt Disney's Vision of the Future
- Anticipating temptation may reduce unethical behavior, research finds
- California approves voluntary water cuts by farmers
- Deciphering Clues to Prehistoric Climate Changes Locked in Cave Deposits
- How Does Salmonella Get into Sushi?
- Enhancing knowledge crucial to improving energy-saving behaviors, study shows
- All Sounds Made Equal in Melancholy
- At Charlton Flats, in Angeles National Forest, spectacular views
- Photogrammetry: Of Viking Graves And Sunken Ships
- California oil spill: Cleanup hampered by winds, choppy seas
- Walrus cam returns after 10 years to Alaska's Round Island
- Hesperornithiform: Cretaceous Birds Evolved To Go Fishing
- Flu virus, measles comparison inspires vaccine design
- In Photos: The Smoked Mummies of Papua New Guinea
- First batch of Hillary Clinton emails on Benghazi released
- Meet scientists' picks for the top 10 new species of 2015
Popular science news articles
- UNH scientists show 'breaking waves' perturb Earth's magnetic field
- MESSENGER reveals Mercury's magnetic field secrets
- MIT engineers hand 'cognitive' control to underwater robots
- Lopsided star explosion holds the key to other supernova mysteries
- ALMA discovers proto super star cluster -- a cosmic 'dinosaur egg' about to hatch
- Metabolic abnormalities may increase cardiovascular risk more in black women than white women
- People with metabolic syndrome face higher cardiovascular death risk
- Study finds high prevalence of metabolic syndrome in US
- Researchers discover molecular approach to promote cancer cell death
- Molecule designed to treat lung cancer shows promising results in mice
- French researchers develop new device to collect bed bugs
- New dinosaur's keen nose made it a formidable predator, Penn study finds
- Scandinavian trade 'triggered' the Viking Age
- Solomon Islands dolphin hunts cast spotlight on small cetacean survival
- As the river rises: Cahokia's emergence and decline linked to Mississippi River flooding