The Multidrug Resistant Organism Repository and Surveillance Network (MRSN) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) characterized a transferrable gene for colistin resistance in the United States that may herald the emergence of truly pan-drug resistant bacteria.
The fungus Aspergillus fumigatus produces a group of previously unknown natural products. With reference to plant isoquinoline alkaloids, these substances have been named fumisoquins. Researchers from Jena (Germany) discovered the...
The improbable rise of Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign presents an interesting question: why is Sanders, a self-proclaimed "democratic socialist," running as a Democrat? McGill University sociologist Barry Eidlin examines...
Fungi can sense environmental signals and react accordingly, changing their development, direction of growth, and metabolism. Sensory perception lies at the heart of adaptation to changing conditions, and helps fungi...
Researchers led by Lixin Wang, assistant professor of earth sciences in the School of Science at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, have identified critical information about the environmental variables and agronomic...
Using radar data collected by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, a Southwest Research Institute-led team found evidence of an ice age recorded in the polar deposits of Mars. Ice ages on...
Women with a high risk of developing breast cancer based on family history and genetic risk can still reduce the chance they will develop the disease in their lifetimes by...
Researchers at MIT are seeking to redesign concrete -- the most widely used human-made material in the world -- by following nature's blueprints.
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
Science News in Images
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
- Up to 46 people, many children, injured in lightning strikes in France, Germany
- SpaceX makes fourth successful rocket landing
- Study Linking Tumors in Rats to Cellphones Raises a Host of Questions
- Rosetta’s comet contains ingredients for life
- Flooding, heavy rain, tropical depression threaten U.S.
- Prototype space station module begins inflating on NASA's second try
- Tiny, stretchy, faster circuits are wave of wearable electronics' future
- WHO rejects Rio Olympics postponement call
- At 96, Dr. Heimlich Uses His Own Maneuver on Choking Victim
- Only one-third of older Americans feel financially prepared for retirement
- Mother shares photo of baby who looks like Gordon Ramsay
- Coke to unveil new patriotic cans for Memorial Day weekend
- Study: MRI scans prove schizophrenic brains attempt self-repair
- Honolulu schools to let kids with lice stay in class
- Rodrigo Duterte wins Filipino presidential election
- Trump trashes 'Mexican' judge in Trump U civil trial
- Exploring Zika's path through the placenta
- Matter: Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- Iranian students lashed 99 times because of coed party
- Lightning hits children's soccer match in Germany, 35 hurt
- Organism Responsible for Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning May Affect Fisheries
- Pakistani men can 'lightly beat' women, Islamic council leader proposes
- Tasty fat: X-rays finding the blueprint of why fat is yummy
- Skin cancer: A team synthesizes new drugs with surprising powers
- NOAA: Up to 4 major storms in 2016 Atlantic hurricane season
- 'El Chapo' attorneys to appeal U.S. extradition
- Grab your yoga mat and hit the road for one of these summertime festivals
- U.S. troops in Okinawa face curfew, restrictions after homicide, rape
Popular science news articles
- Could optical clocks redefine the length of a second?
- Astronomers find giant planet around very young star
- Why is there no Labor Party in the United States?
- Discovery could energize development of longer-lasting batteries
- Researchers identify critical factors that determine drought vulnerability of wheat, maize
- Endogenous retroviruses: Lethal reawakening
- Stellar cannibalism transforms star into brown dwarf
- Scientists predict extensive ice loss from huge Antarctic glacier
- New horned dinosaur species with 'spiked shield' identified by Canadian Museum of Nature
- New species of horned dinosaur with a spiked 'shield'
- Study identifies risk factors associated with eye abnormalities in infants with presumed Zika virus
- Zika virus may be linked to more eye problems in Brazilian babies with microcephaly
- Human amyloid-beta acts as natural antibiotic in the brains of animal models
- PET imaging with special tracer can detect and diagnose early Alzheimer's disease
- New veterinary research helps distinguish accidents from abuse
- High altitude archaeology: Prehistoric paintings revealed
- Tiny vampires
- Early armored dino from Texas lacked cousin's club-tail weapon, but had a nose for danger
- Strange sea-dwelling reptile fossil hints at rapid evolution after mass extinction
- Man-eating monster crocodile may be Florida's newest invasive species