A new study shows that high school students lose sleep on school nights following the change to daylight saving time that occurs in March. The loss of sleep during the...
D printing is growing more and more common, but the ability to create designs for it is not. Any but the simplest designs require expertise with computer-aided design (CAD) applications,...
Decontamination protocols eradicated both methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and antibiotic resistant, pathogenic intestinal bacteria, the Enterobacteriaceae, from a pig farm. The research appears online September 4th in ASM's journal Applied...
In the game of wheat genetics, Jorge Dubcovsky's laboratory at UC Davis has hit a grand slam, unveiling for the fourth time in a dozen years a gene that governs...
Researchers at VIB (a leading life sciences institute in Flanders, Belgium) and Ghent University have successfully established a causal relationship between exposure to so-called farm dust and protection against asthma and allergies. This breakthrough discovery is a major step forward...
Evidence from the tropical lowlands of Central America reveals how Maya activity more than 2,000 years ago not only contributed to the decline of their environment but continues to influence...
A research team led by NYIT scientist Gaberiel Bever has determined that a 260-million year-old fossil species found in South Africa's Karoo Basin provides a long awaited glimpse into the...
Gum disease is a common condition among adults that occurs when bacteria form biofilms or plaques on teeth, and consequently the gums become inflamed. Some severe cases, called periodontitis, call...
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
Science News in Images
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
- The million year old monkey: New evidence confirms the antiquity of fossil primate
- C.J. Cron's five RBIs carry Los Angeles Angels past Texas Rangers
- Common antidepressant may change brain differently in depressed and non-depressed people
- Boeing Opens Renovated Shuttle Facility for 'Starliner' Crewed Space Capsule
- Jessica Alba on Honest Company lawsuit: products are 'made with integrity'
- Japan town near damaged nuclear plant lifts evacuation order
- Polar bears may survive ice melt, with or without seals
- Researchers demo solar water-splitting technology
- Latvian man pleads guilty in worldwide computer virus case
- Scientists exploring wreck of sunken U-boat off Rhode Island
- Bring on the night, say National Park visitors in new study
- Birds of a Feather: Photos of Hummingbirds, Hawks & Jays
- Toyota to Finance $50 Million ‘Intelligent’ Car Project
- BB-8: The tech behind Star Wars' new droid
- Computer graphics: Less computing time for sand
- Scientists unlock secrets of a heat-loving microbe
- Vestibular organ: Signal replicas make a flexible sensor
- New findings move flexible lighting technology toward commercial feasibility
- Real competitors enhance thrill of auctions
- Google may return to China with Android app shop: report
- UN climate talks plagued by twin fears
- September Launch Could Give UW Team Rare Measurements of 'Dusty Plasmas'
- In overweight couch potatoes, vitamin C supplements mimic some exercise effects
- An Arachnid Dracula? Rare, Red-Fanged Spider Is Uncovered
- Suomi NPP sees a weaker Hurricane Jimena
- No. 23 Boise State survives scare from Washington
- Rafael Nadal stunned at U.S. Open, Serena Williams survives
- Video: Stop and smell the volatile organic compounds
Popular science news articles
- Air pollution associated with increased heart attack risk despite 'safe' levels
- Blueberry extract could help fight gum disease and reduce antibiotic use
- Seeing the forest and the trees, all 3 trillion of them
- Plastic in 99 percent of seabirds by 2050
- Grey Swans: Rare but predictable storms could pose big hazards
- Short sleepers are 4 times more likely to catch a cold
- New research confirms lack of sleep connected to getting sick
- Massive study reports challenges in reproducing published psychology findings
- Study aims to reproduce 100 published journal papers
- Study finds people's spiritual awareness varies throughout the day