Fuel cells generate electrical energy through a chemical reaction of hydrogen and oxygen. To obtain clean energy, the splitting of water into its components of hydrogen and oxygen is critical....
A new study from Kaiser Permanente's Vaccine Study Center found that the Tdap booster vaccine provides moderate protection against whooping cough during the first year after vaccination, but its effectiveness...
If you're a fan of the Panthers or Broncos, be sure to wash your hands on Super Bowl Sunday before you give a friend a celebratory fist bump.
A new species of tarantula named after the famous singer-songwriter Johnny Cash is one of fourteen new spiders discovered in the southwestern United States. While these charismatic spiders have captured...
Conversely, nations that produce most greenhouse gases less vulnerable Study shows "enormous global inequality" between emitters versus impacted nations Countries like U.S., Canada, Russia, and China are climate "free riders,"...
Here's a reason for men to eat their lima beans--If research in male fruit flies holds up, it might help you live longer. A new research report published in the...
Two years ago, Ellen Martinsen, was collecting mosquitoes at the Smithsonian's National Zoo, looking for malaria that might infect birds--when she discovered something strange: a DNA profile, from parasites in...
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
Science News in Images
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
- Meteorite Suspected in Death of Man in Southern India
- Double Dose of Bad Earthquake News
- No more hippy trail routes as backpackers become tourists
- Earth-like planets have Earth-like interiors
- Scientists Propose "Pumpjack" Mechanism for Splitting and Copying DNA
- Chiral Magnetic Effect Generates Quantum Current
- Long-Term Picture Offers Little Solace on Climate Change
- Sustained aerobic exercise increases adult neurogenesis in the brain
- Anna Kendrick and Zac Efron team up for the 'History of Sports'
- Signs of early settlement in the Nordic region date back to the cradle of civilization
- Electron's 1-D metallic surface state observed
- Expression of a 'Ouija Board' protein that can summon 'monster' genes
- More detailed analysis of how cells react to stress
- New algorithm improves speed, accuracy of pedestrian detection
- Wirelessly supplying power to brain
- Graphene decharging and molecular shielding
- Ocean acidification makes coralline algae less robust
- Faces of black children as young as 5 evoke negative biases
- Researchers Create Synthetic Biopathway to Turn Agriculture Waste Into 'Green' Products
- Scientists create laser-activated superconductor
- Nanoscale cavity strongly links quantum particles
- Experts urge extreme caution on 'rewilding' to save wild places
- A step closer to understanding fertilization
- Millennials say one thing but do another when choosing chocolate
- Team explains the higher cellulolytic activity of a vital microorganism
- Claims for solar cell efficiency put to test at NREL
- Oregano may reduce methane in cow burps
- Climate change helps bats to spread their wings
Popular science news articles
- Bears' seasonal hibernation linked to changes in gut microbes
- Bachelor's paradise: FSU researcher finds female turtles outnumbering males
- It's all about the timing: Fetal expression of core clock gene determines lifespan in mice
- Two AgriLife Research entomologists co-author bedbug genome mapping paper
- Researchers sequence first bed bug genome
- Plastic debris crossing the Pacific can transport more species with the help of barnacles
- Antarctic study identifies melting ice sheet's role in sea level rise
- Forest losses increase local temperatures
- How forest management and deforestation are impacting climate
- US Forest Service releases findings on the effects of drought for forests and rangelands
- Mayo Clinic researchers extend lifespan by as much as 35 percent in mice
- Hepatitis virus-like particles as potential cancer treatment
- Study examines long-term effectiveness of hepatitis A vaccination in children
- 'Gene fusion' mutation uses 3-way mechanism to drive childhood brain cancers
- No proof that radiation from X rays and CT scans causes cancer
- Two Penn professors call attention to the use of race in human genetic research
- Removing race from human genetic research
- Indiana University paleobotanist plays role in discovery of 'Jurassic butterflies'
- Smooth hunters: How environmental awareness helped the Bushmen to poison their game
- New research sharpens understanding of poison-arrow hunting in Africa
- Scientists guide gold nanoparticles to form 'diamond' superlattices
- Chip enables navigation aids for the visually impaired
- Nature Materials: Smallest lattice structure worldwide
- Bright sparks shed new light on the dark matter riddle
- Novel nanoparticle made of common mineral may help keep tumor growth at bay
- UT study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program
- You can teach an old dog new tricks
- TV a top source of political news for caucus-goers
- Newly identified pathway links fetal brain development to adult social behavior
- Researchers' preclinical trial upends conventional wisdom about responses to fear