The first project to sequence whole genomes from mountain gorillas has given scientists and conservationists new insight into the impact of population decline on these critically endangered apes. While mountain...
Neonicotinoids are used for seed dressing of rapeseed, to protect the young plants against flea beetles. Since 2013, use of this type of pesticide has been restricted by the EU...
Smartphones and other personal electronic devices could, in regions where they are in widespread use, function as early warning systems for large earthquakes according to newly reported research. This technology...
In rare cases, children can develop anaphylactic allergies to previously tolerated foods after receiving blood products via transfusion, report the authors of a case study published in CMAJ (Canadian Medical...
After performing thousands of unsuccessful experiments in his attempt to perfect the light bulb, Thomas Edison famously remarked: "I have not failed, not once. I've discovered ten thousand ways that...
As two galaxies enter the final stages of merging, scientists have theorized that the galaxies' supermassive black holes will form a "binary," or two black holes in such close orbit...
Among soft-bodied cephalopods, vampire squid live life at a slower pace. At ocean depths from 500 to 3,000 meters, they don't swim so much as float, and they get by...
Characterizing associations between socioeconomic factors and children's brain development, a team including investigators from nine universities across the country reports correlative links between family income and brain structure. Relationships between...
Popular News in Images
- SpaceX to Try Daring Rocket Landing Again Monday
- Woolly mammoth genomes offer insight into their history and extinction
- Hubble marks 25 years in space
- New Evidence May Identify Mystery Object at Milky Way Galaxy's Core
- Springing ahead of nature: Device increases walking efficiency (w/ video)
- Mars might have liquid water: Curiosity rover finds brine conditions
- Tyrannosaur combat - new evidence of clashes between titans
- Western Canada to lose 70 percent of glaciers by 2100
- Powerful earthquake shakes Nepal, causing massive damages
- Comet 67P shows no sign of magnetism
- Removal of Ovaries, Fallopian Tubes Wrong Anti-Cancer Option for Most
- Is Pluto Really Red? Chemistry Says It Could Be | Video
- Gene-Editing Technique Offers Hope for Hereditary Diseases
- Popping The Cork On 170-Year-Old Shipwrecked Champagne
- Yuck! Hybrid Termite Colonies Could Develop Twice As Fast | Video
- Altimeter assists in MESSENGER's low-altitude navigation
- Astronomers reveal supermassive black hole's intense magnetic field
- Critically Endangered Monkey Photographed in Congo's Newest National Park, Ntokou-Pikounda
- Giant galaxies die from the inside out
- 'Alien' Camel Skeleton Discovered Along the Danube River
- ALMA sees Einstein ring in stunning image of lensed galaxy
- Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig get best marks in diet review
- Eating eggs reduces risk of type 2 diabetes, study indicates
- First exoplanet in visible light spectrum
- Evidence grows that melanoma drugs benefit some lung cancer patients