The case was the first announced recording of space-time oscillations -- gravitational waves, reaching the Earth after a catastrophe that happened far in the Universe. That confirms a significant prediction made in the special theory of relativity made by Albert...
Black holes are the subject of much fascination, not just in science but also in popular media. For example, the 2014 movie "Interstellar" portrays a fast-rotating, supermassive black hole, into...
Two Texas A&M AgriLife Research entomologists are among a team of some 80 international scientists whose work in sequencing the genome of the bedbug was published in the scientific journal...
A team of astronomers, including Carnegie's Benjamin Shappee, Nidia Morrell, and Ian Thompson, has discovered the most-luminous supernova ever observed, called ASAS-SN-15lh. Their findings are published in Science.
The damaging climate consequences of carbon emissions will grow and persist for millennia without a dramatic new global energy strategy, according to a new set of research-based climate change scenarios...
By comparing birth records over a period of nine years, Drexel researchers found that the children of mothers who took a certain asthma medication during pregnancy faced an elevated risk...
The long-term risk of suicide for adults who have had a concussion is three times higher than the population norm, and the risk increases further if the concussion occurred on...
Popular News in Images
- NASA set to award space station cargo contracts
- Evidence grows for giant planet on fringes of Solar System
- Was 2015 hottest year on record? US to make big reveal
- 6 fall ill in France after participating in clinical trial
- Scientists get 'gene editing' go-ahead
- Scientists to announce "Doomsday Clock" time
- World Health Organization declares Liberia free of Ebola
- Spacewalk live
- Babylonians Tracked Jupiter with Fancy Math, Tablet Reveals
- Neanderthal DNA has subtle but significant impact on human traits
- Facebook trains AI to beat humans at Go
- Madonna honors David Bowie with 'Rebel, Rebel' cover
- Brightest-ever supernova still baffles astronomers
- Bones of hunted mammoth show early human presence in Arctic
- Cosmonauts Perform Spacewalk Wednesday Morning: Watch It Live
- [Report] A decade of sea level rise slowed by climate-driven hydrology
- Scientists investigate suspected meteorite death in southern India
- How severe maternal inflammation can lead to autism-like behavior
- Supreme Court Blocks Enforcement of Air Pollution Rule
- NASA's Scott Kelly unveils first flower grown in space: an orange zinnia
- Taiwan rattled by another strong earthquake, building collapse reported
- 2015 'shattered' temperature record
- Mysterious 'Hobbit' Relative May Have Lived on Isolated Island
- Edgar Mitchell, Sixth Astronaut to Walk on the Moon, Dies at 85
- Footage released of only known wild jaguar in United States