A study, by San Diego Zoo Global conservationists, released this week (Sept. 12, 2016) is shedding new light on how scientists evaluate polar bear diet and weight loss during their...
Paul G. Allen's Vulcan Inc. today announced the results of the $7 million, three-year Great Elephant Census (GEC - http://www.greatelephantcensus.com/), the first-ever pan-African survey of savanna elephants using...
A research team including Professor William Laurance from James Cook University has discovered there has been a catastrophic decline in global wilderness areas during the past 20 years.
University of Oregon researchers have found links between the levels of antimicrobial chemicals and antibiotic-resistance genes in the dust of an aging building used for athletics and academics.
Using archival documents, a new report published online by JAMA Internal Medicine examines the sugar industry's role in coronary heart disease research and suggests the industry sponsored research to influence...
New research from The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston has shown that female Aedes aegypti mosquitoes can pass the Zika virus to their eggs and offspring.
University of Utah researchers have found that the structure of an insulin molecule produced by predatory cone snails may be an improvement over current fast-acting therapeutic insulin. The finding suggests...
The Eastern Gorilla - the largest living primate - has been listed as Critically Endangered due to illegal hunting, according to the latest update of The IUCN Red List of...
Popular News in Images
- Our Interstellar Neighbors: 5 Potentially Earth-Like Planets Nearby
- NASA Probe to Bring Back Samples From Asteroid
- Opinion: SpaceX explosion shows why we must slow down private space exploration until we rewrite law
- Apple be damned: the humble headphone jack has survived for more than a century
- No Longer Missing: Rosetta’s Philae Spacecraft Located on Comet
- Ireland to appeal EU $14.5B Apple tax ruling
- Infrastructure, shallow earthquake contribute to Italian towns' destruction
- Image: Jupiter's south polar region
- Meet New Glenn, the Blue Origin Rocket That May Someday Take You to Space
- FDA bans antibacterials in consumer soaps
- Record-holding US astronaut and two Russians return to Earth
- Tropical crow species is highly skilled tool user
- Scientists exit Hawaii dome after yearlong Mars simulation
- World's largest marine reserve created off Hawaii
- FDA orders stronger warnings about risk of using opioid painkillers with certain antidepressants
- How 12 EpiPens Saved My Life
- Flight To A Star Cluster Visualized From ESA's New Billion-Star Map | Video
- World’s Oldest Fossils Discovered Due to Climate Change
- Nobel Prize judges dismissed for ignoring red flags about Italian surgeon's resume
- The Exascale Computing Project (ECP) Announces$39.8 million in First-Round Application Development Awards
- Obama calls for $10B in yearly conservation funding to push back climate change
- Belief about nicotine content in cigarettes can curb cravings
- Japan's Sakurajima volcano due for major eruption within 30 years, say scientists
- Astronauts complete smooth spacewalk
- Freak Lightning Strike Kills Hundreds of Reindeer