Scientists have found evidence that there was once an ancient lake on Mars that may have been able to support life, in research published recently in the journal Science.
A rare, mummified specimen of the duck-billed dinosaur Edmontosauraus regalis described in the Cell Press journal Current Biology on December 12 shows for the first time that those dinosaurs' heads...
Deadly amphibian disease chytridiomycosis has caused the extinction of Darwin's frogs, believe scientists from the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) and Universidad Andrés Bello (UNAB), Chile.
Large fish traps in the Persian Gulf could be catching up to six times more fish than what's being officially reported, according to the first investigation of fish catches from...
With the help of NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and the Australia Telescope Compact Array, an international team of astronomers has identified the glowing wreck of a star that exploded a...
Government calculations of total U.S. methane emissions may underestimate the true values by 50 percent, a new study finds. The results are published the week of November 25 in the...
The genome sequence of a 24,000-year-old Siberian individual has provided a key piece of the puzzle in the quest for Native American origins. The ancient Siberian demonstrates genomic signatures that...
Researchers from the University of Southampton have identified regions beneath the oceans where the igneous rocks of the upper ocean crust could safely store very large volumes of carbon dioxide.
A drug now used to treat a type of lymphoma has shown surprising benefit in preclinical studies of inflammatory breast cancer, according to a researcher at Thomas Jefferson University's Kimmel...
A Florida State University scientist has uncovered what may be the first recognized example of ancient Martian crust.
Popular News in Images
- NASA Moon Probe Eyeing Chinese Lunar Lander from Orbit
- NASA Plans 3 Spacewalks to Fix Space Station, Delaying Private Cargo Launch
- SpaceX plans third launch attempt on Monday
- Nobel Prize winner Sanger dies at 95
- Starship-Style Earth Fly-By From Jupiter-Bound Probe | Video
- Hidden Oceans on Jupiter's Icy Moon Europa May Explain Strange Terrain
- Happy birthday, Space Station
- Astronomers reveal mystery of brightest ever gamma-ray burst
- Stunning Geminid Meteor Shower Views Wow Skywatchers (Photos)
- Coldest spot on Earth identified
- China readies to launch first moon rover mission
- Neanderthal Burials Confirmed as Ancient Ritual
- Traffic jams lend insight into emperor penguin huddle
- Heartburn pills tied to vitamin B12 deficiency
- How Bizarre Fire-Ant Rafts Survive Constant Floods
- Iran Says It Launched a Second Monkey Into Space (Video)
- Iron preserves, hides ancient tissues in fossilized remains
- Beached whales dead in Florida
- Rare Weather Event Fills Grand Canyon with Fog
- Malaria mosquito groups surprisingly do mix and match, new study finds
- Amazon unveils futuristic mini-drone delivery plan
- Blood pressure treatment guide for seniors shift in U.S.
- Even when test scores go up, some cognitive abilities don’t
- First battery-powered invisibility cloak
- Russia Launches Robotic Cargo Ship to Space Station