Patients with stage I and II Hodgkin's Disease who receive consolidated radiation therapy (RT) have a higher 10-year survival rate of 84 percent, compared to 76 percent for patients who...
Television shows filled with action and sound may be bad for your waistline. TV viewers ate more M&Ms, cookies, carrots and grapes while watching an excerpt from a Hollywood action...
Of all of the world's species, humans and chimpanzees are some of the only to engage in coordinated attacks on other members of their same species. Jane Goodall was among...
Speed and agility are hallmarks of the cheetah: The big predator is the fastest land animal on Earth, able to accelerate to 60 mph in just a few seconds. As...
A University of Utah astronomer and his colleagues discovered that an ultracompact dwarf galaxy harbors a supermassive black hole -- the smallest galaxy known to contain such a massive light-sucking...
Australia's hottest year on record in 2013 along with the accompanying droughts, heat waves and record-breaking seasons of that year was virtually impossible without the influence of human-caused global warming.
With the completion of the sequencing and analysis of the gibbon genome, scientists now know more about why this small ape has a rapid rate of chromosomal rearrangements, providing information...
Ohio University paleontologists have identified a new species of titanosaurian, a member of the large-bodied sauropods that thrived during the final period of the dinosaur age, in Tanzania. Although many...
Popular News in Images
- Researchers unveil Dreadnoughtus: A gigantic, exceptionally complete sauropod dinosaur
- Giant predatory dinosaur Spinosaurus was scourge of prehistoric rivers
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- SpaceX Dragon Flying Rats in Space & More for NASA (Infographic)
- Experts be damned: World population will continue to rise
- Scientists say the ozone layer is recovering
- Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony Honors the Hilarious Side of Science
- Small meteorite strikes Nicaragua, government says
- Bezos' Blue Origin Said to Make Rocket Deal with ULA
- Mid-Sized Solar Flare Blasts CME, Possibly Earth-Bound | Video
- Apparent massive hack attack reveals stars' nude pictures
- WHO to issue guidelines on treating Ebola with blood, plasma therapies
- Franklin expedition announcement expected in Ottawa
- New deep sea mushroom-shaped organisms discovered
- Mapping reveals Stonehenge secrets
- Climate activists call on U.N. to address ocean health
- Watch Live! Colossal Squid Undergoes Autopsy
- SpaceX's next cargo launch set for Sept 20
- NASA inspector blasts asteroid protection program
- CO2 rises at fastest rate since 1984
- A Call for a Low-Carb Diet
- King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- Experimental Ebola drug 'impressive' in animal trials
- Dinosaur family tree gives fresh insight into rapid rise of birds
- Full-galaxy dust map muddles search for gravitational waves