Astronomers have discovered the first aurora ever seen in an object beyond our Solar System. The aurora -- similar to the famous "Northern Lights" on Earth -- is 10,000 times...
CERN's Large Hadron Collider announced Tuesday that researchers discovered a remarkable class of particles known as pentaquarks that could reshape scientists' understanding about the properties of matter.
Despite their remarkably similar appearance, the "golden jackals" of East Africa and Eurasia are actually two entirely different species. The discovery, based on DNA evidence and reported in the Cell...
The concept of walking on water might sound supernatural, but in fact it is a quite natural phenomenon. Many small living creatures leverage water's surface tension to maneuver themselves around....
Mobile stroke treatment units may greatly improve survival rates, chance of recovery for ischemic stroke patients
Two new studies presented today at the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery 12th Annual Meeting in San Francisco, report that Mobile Stroke Treatment Units (MSTUs) can significantly reduce the time it...
The new guidelines for determining whether patients should begin taking statins to prevent cardiovascular disease issued in 2013 by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association...
The Tyrannosaurus rex and its fellow theropod dinosaurs that rampage across the screen in movies like Jurassic World were successful predators partly due to a unique, deeply serrated tooth structure...
Today an international team of astronomers from NASA's Kepler mission have announced the discovery of a near-Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of a Sun-like star.
Polar bears are unlikely to physiologically compensate for extended food deprivation associated with the ongoing loss of sea ice, according to one-of-its-kind research conducted by University of Wyoming scientists and...
Scientists have discovered Wendiceratops pinhornensis, a new species of horned dinosaur based on fossils collected from a bone bed in southern Alberta, Canada, according to a study published July 8,...
A team of New York University neuroscientists has identified the "acoustic signature" of screams, a study that points to the unique attributes of this form of expression and suggests we...
Traditional robots are made of components and rigid materials like you might see on an automotive assembly line - metal and hydraulic parts, harshly rigid, and extremely strong. But away...
In Borneo, some insectivorous bats have developed a rather intriguing relationship with carnivorous pitcher plants. The plants offer the bats a relatively cool place to roost, free of parasites and...
Popular News in Images
- Federal officials examine probable cause of spaceship crash
- Polar bears experience limited energy savings in summer, new study finds
- Soyuz with crew of three set for launch to station
- Malaria vaccine approval first marred by efficacy question mark
- Obama to Unveil Tougher Climate Plan With His Legacy in Mind
- Failed strut caused SpaceX rocket blast: CEO Elon Musk
- Museum fossil links snakes to lizards
- Deadly Fungus Could Threaten US Salamanders
- Identities of Mysterious Jamestown Settlers Revealed
- Giant pandas live in the slow lane
- New Horizons space probe suffers glitch on approach to Pluto
- Russian Craft Delivers Long-Awaited Cargo to Space Station
- VIDEO: All the Pluto pictures in 60 seconds
- Research teams duel over Native American origins
- New rice variety could feed the planet without warming it
- Stephen Hawking and Yuri Milner Announce $100M Initiative to Seek ET
- NASA picks 4 astronauts to fly 1st commercial spaceflights
- Surprise: Snakes don’t kill by suffocation
- Scientists Say Comet Lander May Have Shifted Position
- Why Do People Love Pluto?
- Rise of the machines? Musk, Hawking, Wozniak warn of impending military AI arms race
- Hot Finding: Spicy Food Linked with Longer Life
- Natural concrete keeps lid on Italian volcano
- Microsoft launches Windows 10: Here's what that means
- Crowdfunding project aims to save Neil Armstrong's spacesuit