Bats fly with breathtaking precision because their wings are equipped with highly sensitive touch sensors, cells that respond to even slight changes in airflow, researchers have demonstrated for the first...
Using the MUSE instrument on ESO's Very Large Telescope (VLT), astronomers have produced the first complete three-dimensional view of the famous Pillars of Creation in the Eagle Nebula, Messier 16....
A new study of young U.S. veterans shows that the probability of having a high risk of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) increased with increasing severity of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
Cleveland . . . A new relative joins "Lucy" on the human family tree. An international team of scientists, led by Dr. Yohannes Haile-Selassie of The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, has discovered a 3.3 to 3.5 million-year-old new human...
It's no wonder that giant pandas are always chewing and eating, say Chinese researchers: their gut bacteria are not the type for efficiently digesting bamboo.
A group of scientists, led by a team from the University of Bristol, UK has observed a sudden increase of ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica. ...
Scientists at the University of California, San Diego and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have described a new method for detecting liver cancer metastases in mice. The approach uses...
Popular News in Images
- New research reveals first warm-blooded fish
- NASA Spacecraft to Impact Planet Mercury on Thursday
- SpaceX's Dragon Crew Capsule to Get 1st Big Test This Week
- Space station crew: Russia's spinning supply ship total loss
- Tiny Chinese dinosaur sported unusual wings, fossil suggests
- NASA unveils gadgets that will probe Europa's habitability
- Trap-jaw ants jump with their jaws to escape the antlion's den
- Future for warming US: Not just the heat but the humanity
- Matter: New Estimates for Extinctions Global Warming Could Cause
- Discovery lays the foundation for yeast-based drug synthesis
- Pluto May Have An Ice Cap, New Photos Reveal | Video
- Nepal earthquake on the radar
- Ceres Animation Showcases Bright Spots
- Tweaking the beak: Retracing the bird's beak to its dinosaur origins, in the laboratory
- Tesla's expected home battery announcement could spark energy revolution
- Carrier rocket fault caused failure of Russian spacecraft
- Russia's failed cargo spacecraft to fall from orbit Friday
- Engineering phase changes in nanoparticle arrays
- Brain implants let paralyzed man move robotic arm
- LHC smashes collision energy record
- Oil pipeline break dumps crude on California beach
- Spring Colors Swirl in Picturesque North Atlantic
- 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician killed
- Astronomers spot one-in-10-million phenomenon in early universe
- Singer Sarah Brightman Changes Her Tune on Space Mission