Researchers have developed a new method for detecting and measuring one of the most powerful, and most mysterious, events in the Universe - a black hole being kicked out of its host galaxy and into intergalactic space at speeds as...
Three weeks after the scientific world marked the 20th anniversary of the birth of Dolly the sheep new research, published by The University of Nottingham, in the academic journal Nature...
Publishing online July 14 in the journal Science, the researchers say that despite the discovery of Zika in Uganda in 1947 and the identification of the first confirmed human infection...
New software is enabling ChemCam, the laser spectrometer on NASA's Curiosity Mars rover, to select rock targets autonomously -- the first time autonomous target selection is available for an instrument...
Research by an international team of environmental scientists from the United Kingdom, Belgium and United States, including Indiana University, has found that plants that associate with one type of symbiotic...
Scientists at MIT and elsewhere have identified the "first fingerprints of healing" of the Antarctic ozone layer, published today in the journal Science.
A team of scientists led by Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) made a puzzling observation while studying the size and distribution of craters on the dwarf planet Ceres.
An experimental vaccine against Zika virus developed by Brazilian and US researchers has been tested successfully in trials with mice.
July 21, 2016) Since the discovery of their true nature 140 years ago, lichens have been the poster children for symbiosis. In the textbook definition of a lichen, the filaments...
A team of scientists has uncovered the global, evolving, and historic make-up of Plasmodium vivax, one of the five species of malaria that infect humans. The research, which links the...
Researchers have identified an inner ear deficiency in children with Autism that may impact their ability to recognize speech. The findings, which were published in the journal Autism Research, could...
In collaboration with colleagues from Mexico, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston researchers were the first to directly connect the Aedes aegypti mosquito with Zika transmission in the Americas,...
Popular News in Images
- RIT Professors Create New Method for Identifying Black Holes
- S&P downgrades U.K.'s credit rating after Brexit vote
- SpaceX Aims to Relaunch Landed Dragon Capsule in Early 2017
- The Road to Mars Starts With This Rocket
- Juno Sends First Image Back While Orbiting Jupiter
- Obama: America not divided by "demented" Dallas killer
- Why Yahoo, once the darling of the internet, couldn't keep up
- Used consistently, monthly vaginal ring may be highly effective against HIV in women, study suggests
- New Orleans Saints: C.J. Spiller fighting for roster spot
- Eric Holder says Clinton will work to end 'systemic racism'
- Mummified ancient bird offers clues about flight during mid-cretaceous
- Coral scientists urge Australia to conserve reefs, curb CO2 emissions
- Integrated trio of 2-D nanomaterials unlocks graphene electronics applications
- Rosetta spacecraft to give 'final kiss' to comet on crash-landing
- Solar Plane Completes Historic Round-the-World Flight
- Astronomers Discover New Likely Dwarf Planet
- 'Three centuries' to catalogue all Amazon tree species
- Air Force awards two $1 billion contracts for next-gen engine
- Eric Trump lauds father's business sense
- Turkish police arrest 11 more in connection with airport bombing
- Your smartwatch is giving away your ATM PIN
- Photos: Escape Tunnel at Holocaust Death Site
- Even 'good' insurance comes with hidden hospital bills
- Mars' Atmosphere Was Likely More Oxygen-Rich Long Ago
- Predatory dinosaur had tiny arms like Tyrannosaurus rex