An international team of astronomers studying 200,000 galaxies has measured the energy generated within a large portion of space more precisely than ever before, discovering that it's only half what...
A novel synthetic DNA vaccine can, for the first time, induce protective immunity against the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus in animal species, reported researchers from the Perelman School...
The popularity of electronic cigarettes has steadily increased worldwide, but little is known about their effects on health. New research suggests that the single use of an electronic cigarette approximating...
For more than 20 years, Caltech geologist Jean-Philippe Avouac has collaborated with the Department of Mines and Geology of Nepal to study the Himalayas--the most active, above-water mountain range on...
Queen's University researcher Martin Duncan has co-authored a study that solves the mystery of how gas giants such as Jupiter and Saturn formed in the early solar system.
Knut, the famous polar bear of the Berlin Zoological Garden (Germany) died of encephalitis, as diagnosed soon after his death. However, the cause of his disease has remained elusive until now. A team of scientists from the German Center for...
Researchers from CSIRO and Imperial College London have assessed how widespread the threat of plastic is for the world's seabirds, including albatrosses, shearwaters and penguins, and found the majority of...
A study that sought to replicate 100 findings published in three prominent psychology journals has found that, across multiple criteria, independent researchers could replicate less than half of the original...
Scientists have found that a newly identified and highly infectious tadpole disease is found in a diverse range of frog populations across the world. The discovery sheds new light on...
Florida State University researchers have taken a big step forward in the fight against cancer with a discovery that could open up the door for new research and treatment options.
Using a vomiting device of their creation, researchers at North Carolina State University and Wake Forest University are reporting the first direct evidence that vomiting can aerosolize virus particles similar...
From a food science and technology perspective, sugar (sucrose) plays several roles when it comes to the functional properties in food. In the September issue of Comprehensive Reviews in Food...
Popular News in Images
- First cephalopod genome contains unique genes involved in nervous system, camouflage
- Obama to Unveil Tougher Climate Plan With His Legacy in Mind
- Heating Up: July Was Earth's Hottest Month on Record
- El Nino will be a hurricane slayer, forecasters predict
- Dawn Sends Sharper Scenes from Ceres
- Hurricane Danny a Category 2 storm as it approaches Caribbean
- Big Human Relative Sported Modern Hands
- NASA Zeroes in on Ocean Rise: How Much? How Soon?
- 'Ready to live big?' Samsung expected to unveil new phablets in NYC
- Octopus shows unique hunting, social and sexual behavior
- Google to be part of new holding company, 'Alphabet'
- FDA approves 'pink Viagra,' first drug to improve libido for women
- Gallery: The Most Memorable Spacewalks in History
- Ashley Madison data reportedly posted online by hackers
- NASA's Terra Satellite sees birth of Tropical Depression 12E
- Teens' e-cigarette use linked with later smoking
- U.S. Is Set to Propose Regulation to Cut Methane Emissions
- From Space, Astronaut Snaps Photo of Planets Aligned
- Three shot, including officer, in Louisiana; eight taken hostage
- Scientists Find Evidence of Prehistoric Massacre in Europe
- Researchers warn of bogus emails offering Windows 10
- NASA says it needs $490 million for seats on Russian rockets
- Buzz Aldrin joins university, forming 'master plan' for Mars
- Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- Researchers Reveal How a Common Mutation Causes Neurodegenerative Disease