A new study examining wildfires in California found that human activity explains as much about their frequency and location as climate influences. The researchers systematically looked at human behaviors...
RNA splicing is a major underlying factor that links mutations to complex traits and diseases, according to an exhaustive analysis of gene expression in whole genome and cell line data....
What if a map of the brain could help us decode people's inner thoughts?
People who have had a traumatic brain injury (TBI) may still have sleep problems a year and a half after being injured, according to a study published in the April...
The pavement sealcoat products used widely around the nation on thousands of asphalt driveways and parking lots are significantly more toxic and mutagenic than previously suspected, according to a new...
Science can flourish when experts disagree, but in the governmental realm uncertainty can lead to inadequate policy and preparedness. When it comes to climate change, it can be OK for...
New research challenges the belief that touchscreens are worse input devices because they lack physical buttons. The reason is that key press timing in touchscreen input is unpredictable. When timing...
Electronic cigarettes have the potential to contribute to reducing death and disability caused by Britain's biggest killer, say experts in The BMJ today.
Latest News in Images
Latest science news from other websites
- Parts of India ban daytime cooking as hundreds die of heat
- The Disturbing Secret Behind the World’s Most Expensive Coffee
- Airlift Is Sending 33 Lions From South American Circuses to African Sanctuary
- Lured by Early Warm Weather, Scorpions Emerge to Swarm Arizona Homes
- How Do You Move a 70,000-Pound (Dead) Whale?
- Review: ‘A Beautiful Planet’ Shows a Dazzling Earth From Space
- Trilobites: This Is Your Brain on Podcasts
- Multiphase NMR of whole animal leaves shrimp unscathed
- Oil opposition grows on both U.S. shores
- Sentinel-1B first image
- Satellites 11 and 12 join working Galileo fleet
- A tiny switch for a few particles of light
- Alicia Vikander cast as Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Colombia legalizes same-sex marriage
- Will Moose Thrive or Die Because of Climate Change?
- Belgium Is Giving Radiation Pills to Entire Population
- Florida officer charged for punching cuffed woman
- Report: U.S. wind energy sector booming
- Calvin Harris, Rihanna release 'This Is What You Came For'
- Former Montana Sen. Conrad Burns dead at 81
- Wine and coffee lovers, drink up! It's great for your microbiome
- Cassini image: Criss-crossed rings
- 20 arrested in violent protests at California Trump rally
- What is the most expensive object on Earth?
- 'Secret of youth' in ginger gene