Researchers in the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin have developed a centimeter-accurate GPS-based positioning system that could revolutionize geolocation on virtual reality headsets, cellphones...
The main job of pollen is to help seed the next generation of trees and plants, but a new study from the University of Michigan and Texas A&M shows that...
DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is the main component of our genetic material. It is formed by combining four parts: A, C, G and T (adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine), called bases...
In modern microscope imaging techniques, lasers are used as light sources because they can deliver fast pulsed and extremely high-intensity radiation to a target, allowing for rapid image acquisition. However,...
Among patients with Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) who recovered following standard treatment with the antibiotics metronidazole or vancomycin, oral administration of spores of a strain of C difficile that does not produce toxins colonized the gastrointestinal tract and significantly reduced...
Researchers from North Carolina State University and China's Suzhou Institute of Nano-Science and Nano-Biotics have developed an inexpensive technique called "microcombing" to align carbon nanotubes (CNTs), which can be used...
Bad news, fans of rational political discourse: A study by an MIT researcher shows that attempts to debunk political rumors may only reinforce their strength.
Substances commonly used for drilling or extracting Marcellus shale gas foamed from the drinking water taps of three Pennsylvania homes near a reported well-pad leak, according to new analysis from...
In the history of continental drift, India has been a mysterious record-holder.
Expanding what we know about college students mixing alcohol with energy drinks, investigators from Dartmouth's Norris Cotton Cancer Center found teens aged 15-17 years old who had ever mixed alcohol...
Latest News in Images
Latest science news from other websites
- How Exceptional Teachers Use Creativity In The Classroom
- Late-Night Snacking: Your Brain Blame
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Brain Stimulation Detrimental To IQ Scores
- How Our View Of What Makes Us Happy Has Changed Since The 1930s
- Mitochondrial Link Between High Glucose And Metabolic Disease
- Amber Portwood meets ex Gary Shirley's new baby
- Eva Longoria recognized by Mexican government
- Scientists take first picture of thunder
- Persistent Industrial Pollutants Could Stymie Songbird Migration
- Up to 40 migrants die after boat deflates during Mediterranean crossing
- UPI horse racing roundup
- Unmanned SpaceX flight aims to show it has learned shuttle disaster lessons
- Weak Underbelly Makes US Capital Vulnerable to Earthquakes
- Cinco de Mayo Meteor Shower Rains Halley's Comet Bits on Earth: Watch It Tonight
- Intense Wildfire Season Expected in West
- New technology maps human genome in days
- We are all scientists: How to find reliable sources online.
- Sleepwalking is often a family affair, study says
- Comcast lets subscribers put themselves on live TV
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging parents
- Images expose thunder in exquisite detail
- Stimulating nerve cells stretches time between thinking, doing
- Children with autism excel at motion detection test
- Brian Sinclair's family wins right to sue Manitoba health authority over death
- Kym Johnson, Robert Herjavec explain 'Dancing' kiss