Wisconsin is famous for its ice fishers -- the stalwarts who drill holes through lake ice in the hope of catching a winter dinner. Less well known are the state's...
The tremendous amounts of lava that are emitted during super-eruptions accumulate over millions of years prior to the event in the Earth's crust. These reservoirs consist of magma that intrudes...
Architecture imitates life, at least when it comes to those spiral ramps in multistory parking garages. Stacked and connecting parallel levels, the ramps are replications of helical structures found in...
A team of Whitehead Institute scientists has discovered the surprising manner in which an enigmatic protein known as SUUR acts to control gene copy number during DNA replication. It’s a...
Biological membranes are mainly composed of lipid bilayers. Gaining a better understanding of adsorption of solution ions onto lipid membranes helps clarify functional processes in biological cells. Now, a new...
A significant breakthrough in laser technology has been reported by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)'s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) and the University of California (UC) Berkeley. Scientists...
Global warming is altering the reproduction of plants and animals, notably accelerating the date when reproduction and other life processes occur. A study by the University of Uppsala (Sweden), including...
Circadian clocks regulate functions ranging from alertness and reaction time to body temperature and blood pressure. New research published in the November 2014 issue of The FASEB Journal further adds...
Exciting results from an innovative, multicultural, five-year initiative, known as the Alliance to Reduce Disparities in Diabetes (Alliance), have been published in ten peer-reviewed articles in the November 2014 supplemental...
Latest News in Images
Latest science news from other websites
- Facebook friend tally is associated with differences in brain structure
- Meet 5 "Zombie" Parasites That Mind-Control Their Hosts
- Abducted Libyan can sue, British court rules
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's North goes as skunk for Halloween
- Melissa Rivers remembers mom Joan with Halloween photo on Twitter
- Alison Sweeney bids farewell to 'Days of Our Lives'
- Slovak military orders C-27J Spartans
- On Halloween, Does Anonymity Affect Candy Theft?
- Casting Out Demons: Pope Francis Declares Support for Exorcisms
- Orbital Sciences Piecing Together Timeline of Antares Rocket Explosion
- New search planned for grave of Spanish poet Lorca
- Is fleet diversity key to sustainable fisheries?
- Drivebot aims to touch driver bases for safety, savings
- Ozone hole remains size of North America, Nasa data shows
- Maine court orders restrictions on Ebola nurse in line with CDC guidelines
- Airbus DS, DCNS partner to advance unmanned naval helicopter system
- Elle Fanning to star in 'Three Generations'
- Interstate 270 drivers scramble after bag of cash falls off truck
- As Americans get fatter, so do crash-test dummies
- Judge rejects Maine's bid to quarantine Ebola nurse
- Remedy or ripoff? 5 things to watch out for
- 3 Questions: Richard Binzel on NASA’s Asteroid Redirect Mission
- For Chemistry Demonstrations, CSB Recommends Stricter Controls
- Focus on Gender: You can’t box in empowerment
- For Halloween, Gory Details favorites and farewell