Physicians at the Santa Casa de Misericordia and researchers from the Institute of Biomedical Sciences at University of São Paulo describe the case of a baby born with Zika infection...
Astronomers studying distant galaxies powered by monster black holes have uncovered an unexpected link between two very different wavelengths of the light they emit, the mid-infrared and gamma rays. The...
Astronomers using ESO telescopes and other facilities have found clear evidence of a planet orbiting the closest star to Earth, Proxima Centauri. The long-sought world, designated Proxima b, orbits its...
Infection by the Zika virus diverts a key protein necessary for neural cell division in the developing human fetus, thereby causing the birth defect microcephaly, a team of Yale scientists...
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical used in many consumer products including water bottles, metal food storage products and certain resins. Often, aquatic environments such as rivers and streams become...
A recent study published by Brazilian researchers from the D'Or Institute for Research and Education (IDOR), Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Institute for Research Professor Amorim Neto...
96 percent of marine species, and 70 percent of terrestrial life died off in the Permian-Triassic extinction event, as geologists know it. It is also known as The Great Dying Event for obvious reasons.
The international University of California, Riverside-led SpARCS collaboration has discovered four of the most distant clusters of galaxies ever found, as they appeared when the universe was only 4...
An international team of astronomers including Carnegie's Paul Butler has found clear evidence of a planet orbiting Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our Solar System. The new world, designated...
Scientists from the University of New Hampshire have unlocked a major genetic mystery of one of the ancestors of cultivated strawberry. A genetic analysis conducted by New Hampshire Agricultural Experiment...
Latest News in Images
Latest science news from other websites
- Awkward Target for Outrage Over EpiPen: A Senator’s Daughter
- Mylan Raised EpiPen’s Price Before the Expected Arrival of a Generic
- Few Homeless Shelter Workers Are Trained to Administer Heroin Antidote
- Well: Living Near a Fracking Site Is Tied to Migraines, Fatigue
- New Laboratory to Make Better Use of 'Carbs'
- Filipino fishermen find possibly world's biggest pearl
- Baltimore Orioles win sixth straight versus Washington Nationals
- Miami Marlins acquire Jeff Francoeur from Atlanta Braves in 3-team trade
- Albert Pujols up to No. 10 in homers, Los Angeles Angels top Toronto Blue Jays
- Green Light: USU Biochemists Describe Light-Driven Conversion of Greenhouse Gas to Fuel
- Hacking microbes
- Using light to control genome editing
- Kyle Hendricks, Ben Zobrist propel Chicago Cubs past San Diego Padres
- Ryan Braun's blasts help Milwaukee Brewers complete sweep of Colorado Rockies
- Gary Sanchez, Masahiro Tanaka lead New York Yankees past Seattle Mariners
- Carolina Panthers' preseason game against New England Patriots no dress rehearsal
- Green Bay Packers mum on Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers meeting with NFL
- Tyler Eifert aims to return for Cincinnati Bengals' opener
- Miami Marlins, Jose Fernandez halt Kansas City Royals' 9-game win streak
- Yu Darvish homers in Texas Rangers' victory
- New England Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo takes strange environment in stride
- Sean Payton wants more from New Orleans Saints' offense
- New England Patriots' Tom Brady wants to play Friday
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie Vernon Hargreaves gaining confidence
- Richard Gasquet cruises into Winston-Salem quarters