A new study from Kaiser Permanente's Vaccine Study Center found that the Tdap booster vaccine provides moderate protection against whooping cough during the first year after vaccination, but its effectiveness wanes to less than 9 percent after four years among...
A group of scientists are urging their colleagues to take a step forward and stop using racial categories when researching and studying human genetics.
The smooth surfaces of much of the plastic waste rapidly increasing in the ocean appear to provide poor habitat for animals -- that is, until barnacles step in.
Conversely, nations that produce most greenhouse gases less vulnerable Study shows "enormous global inequality" between emitters versus impacted nations Countries like U.S., Canada, Russia, and China are climate "free riders,"...
Two University of Pennsylvania professors are coauthors, along with two other scholars, on a perspective piece published this week in the journal Science that calls for an end to the...
Two years ago, Ellen Martinsen, was collecting mosquitoes at the Smithsonian's National Zoo, looking for malaria that might infect birds--when she discovered something strange: a DNA profile, from parasites in...
Here's a reason for men to eat their lima beans--If research in male fruit flies holds up, it might help you live longer. A new research report published in the...
An article by JRC scientists published today in Science, reveals that the biophysical effects of forest losses substantially affect the local climate by altering the average temperature and even more...
A new species of tarantula named after the famous singer-songwriter Johnny Cash is one of fourteen new spiders discovered in the southwestern United States. While these charismatic spiders have captured...
Latest News in Images
Latest science news from other websites
- Using the physics of your perfect pancake to help save sight
- Online shopping might not be as green as we thought
- 'Pushback' against constant connectivity also reflected in images
- Chromosomes reconfigure as cell division ends
- Does shopping helps you feel better after a setback?
- French protesters hold anti-migrant, anti-Islam rally; 20 arrested
- Iman returns to Twitter after weeks-long hiatus following Bowie's death
- Heroin scourge changes role of police in hard-hit areas
- Femtosecond laser pulses push spintronics and magnonics to the limit
- Super-resolution microscope allows visualization of the mechanism that maintains cell polarity: The key is to repeatedly establish temporary polarity
- The significance of non-motor microtubule-associated protein in maintaining synaptic plasticity thorough a novel mechanism
- Parental preference for boys damages girls’ self-esteem and happiness
- Smart thermostat puts energy money saving at household fingertips
- Honey’s potential to save lives by destroying harmful fungus
- Single-lesion biopsy may be insufficient to choose therapy targeting resistance mutations
- Clinton surges in NH poll but Sanders still leads by 17 percent
- Human culture, not smarts, may have overwhelmed Neanderthals
- Iñárritu wins Directors Guild of America honor for the second year in a row
- Realizing your true (solar) potential
- White House Puts Spotlight on Earthquake Early-Warning System
- Delivering Genes Across the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Hedgehog in space
- Clinton surges in N.H. poll but Sanders leads by 17 percent
- Beyoncé drops surprise music video 'Formation' featuring daughter Blue Ivy
- Madeleine Albright: 'Special place in hell' for women who don't support women