Patients with stage I and II Hodgkin's Disease who receive consolidated radiation therapy (RT) have a higher 10-year survival rate of 84 percent, compared to 76 percent for patients who...
Speed and agility are hallmarks of the cheetah: The big predator is the fastest land animal on Earth, able to accelerate to 60 mph in just a few seconds. As...
The central mystery of quantum mechanics is that small chunks of matter sometimes seem to behave like particles, sometimes like waves. For most of the past century, the prevailing explanation...
Peak tornado activity in the central and southern Great Plains of the United States is occurring up to two weeks earlier than it did half a century ago, according to...
A University of Utah astronomer and his colleagues discovered that an ultracompact dwarf galaxy harbors a supermassive black hole -- the smallest galaxy known to contain such a massive light-sucking...
Of all of the world's species, humans and chimpanzees are some of the only to engage in coordinated attacks on other members of their same species. Jane Goodall was among...
This eruption occurred just before the 1815 Tambora volcanic eruption which is famous for its impact on climate worldwide, with 1816 given memorable names such as 'Eighteen-Hundred-and-Froze-to-Death', the 'Year of...
No matter how many times it's demonstrated, it's still hard to envision bacteria as social, communicating creatures.
Manufactures of turbine engines for airplanes, automobiles and electric generation plants could expedite the development of more durable, energy-efficient turbine blades thanks to a partnership between the U.S. Department of...
The emerging field of molecular electronics could take our definition of portable to the next level, enabling the construction of tiny circuits from molecular components. In these highly efficient devices,...
Popular News in Images
- Experts be damned: World population will continue to rise
- Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony Honors the Hilarious Side of Science
- Bezos' Blue Origin Said to Make Rocket Deal with ULA
- Northern Lights visible farther south due to solar flare
- Watch Live! Colossal Squid Undergoes Autopsy
- Big Safety Tests Loom for SpaceX's Manned Dragon Space Capsule
- NASA inspector blasts asteroid protection program
- King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- SpaceX Dragon Flying Rats in Space & More for NASA (Infographic)
- Back to the Slums of His Youth, to Defuse the Ebola Time Bomb
- US gas leaks not caused by fracking
- Genetic testing can identify men at 6-fold increased risk of prostate cancer
- White House takes aim at antibiotic resistance
- New branch added to European family tree
- Last month was hottest August since 1880
- Apple sees record demand for new iPhones
- Yellowknife woman stranded in Ebola-stricken Sierra Leone
- NASA HS3 instrument views two dimensions of clouds
- Hurricane Odile now a dangerous category 4 storm
- New hadrosaur noses into spotlight
- Reflected smartphone transmissions enable gesture control
- Nearly 600 Years of Tree Rings Show Altered Ocean Habitat
- Scripps Research Institute Chemists Modify Antibiotic to Vanquish Resistant Bacteria
- Yoga Is Not A Treatment For Bipolar Disorder
- Boosting armor for nuclear-waste eating microbes