Climate change has increased concern over possible large and rapid changes in the physical climate system, which includes Earth's atmosphere, land surfaces, and oceans. Some of these changes could occur...
Scientists have recorded and identified one of the most prominent sounds of a warming planet: the sizzle of glacier ice as it melts into the sea. The noise, caused by...
Get ready: The "new genetics" promises to change faulty genes of future generations by introducing new, functioning genes using "designer sperm." A new research report appearing online in The FASEB...
Mention vuvuzela to soccer fans, and they may cringe. The plastic horn rose to prominence during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, where tens of thousands of those instruments...
Vibration absorbers are devices used to damp vibration in everything from engines to buildings. When attached to the wheels or the tracks of rail transit systems, they may reduce the...
The mating roar of a male harbor seal is supposed to attract a partner, not a predator. Unfortunately for the seals, scientists have found evidence that marine-mammal-eating killer whales eavesdrop...
Researchers from the University of Southampton have identified regions beneath the oceans where the igneous rocks of the upper ocean crust could safely store very large volumes of carbon dioxide.
A single dose of the hormone oxytocin, delivered via nasal spray, has been shown to enhance brain activity while processing social information in children with autism spectrum disorders, Yale School...
A new male contraceptive could be on the horizon after scientists identified a novel way to block the transport of sperm during ejaculation.
Popular News in Images
- SpaceX plans third launch attempt on Monday
- China readies to launch first moon rover mission
- A blast from its past dates the youngest neutron-star binary
- Rare Weather Event Fills Grand Canyon with Fog
- A Malaria Science Breakthough
- Amazon unveils futuristic mini-drone delivery plan
- SpaceX Sets Table for Thanksgiving Rocket Launch Today: Watch It Live
- 400,000-year-old human DNA adds new tangle to our origin story
- New study identifies five distinct humpback whale populations in North Pacific
- Rare dinosaur skeleton sells for a lot of bones at British auction
- Industrial Age Helps Some Coastal Regions Capture Carbon Dioxide
- 'Valley Girl' dialect expanding to males
- Douglas Mawson's tragic Antarctic trek | Alok Jha
- Tracking fracking pollution
- Weatherwatch: The cleverness of mushrooms
- VIDEO: 'Epic' comet Ison approaching the Sun
- Indian probe begins journey to Mars
- NASA Holds Google+ Hangout on Cassini's Findings at Saturn
- How to find signs of life on dying alien planets
- Federal study warns of sudden climate change woes
- Big brains are all in the genes
- Celebrating Seahawks fans cause minor earthquake in game
- Older Aboriginal Canadians have harder time staying healthy
- Pills of the future: nanoparticles
- Ethical debate on face transplantation has evolved over time