Members of the successful Apollo space program are experiencing higher rates of cardiovascular problems that are thought to be caused by their exposure to deep space radiation, according to a Florida State University researcher.
A team of scientists led by Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) made a puzzling observation while studying the size and distribution of craters on the dwarf planet Ceres.
A team of Toronto scientists has found similarities in brain impairments in children with autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Approximately one in 20 people will develop colorectal cancer in their lifetime, making it the third-most prevalent form of the disease in the U.S. In Europe, it is the second-most...
Scientists at The University of Nottingham have demonstrated for the first time that it is possible to selectively sequence fragments of DNA in real time, greatly reducing the time needed...
According to new research it could be difficult to improve the health of the English bulldog, one of the world's unhealthiest dog breeds, from within its existing gene pool. The...
In a study published in the Journal of American Geriatrics Society, researchers developed a "prediction score" to help healthcare professionals determine which older adults might be most at risk for...
Johannesburg, South Africa - an international team of researchers led by scientists from the University of the Witwatersrand's Evolutionary Studies Institute and the South African Centre for Excellence in PalaeoSciences...
Three weeks after the scientific world marked the 20th anniversary of the birth of Dolly the sheep new research, published by The University of Nottingham, in the academic journal Nature Communications has shown that four clones derived from the same...
For medics on the battlefield and doctors in remote or developing parts of the world, getting rapid access to the drugs needed to treat patients can be challenging.
Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigs, have grown in popularity as an alternative to traditional cigarette smoking. But health experts and consumer advocates have raised concerns over their safety. Now scientists report...
An adolescent orangutan called Rocky could provide the key to understanding how speech in humans evolved from the time of the ancestral great apes, according to new research.
Climate and energy scientists at the Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory have developed a new method to pinpoint which electrical service areas will be most vulnerable as populations...
First discovered in 2009, there are now a total of six known UK infestations of the Lasius neglectus which thrive in greenhouses and domestic gardens. Originating from Asia, they are...
Graphene oxide has been hailed as a veritable wonder material; when incorporated into nanocellulose foam, the lab-created substance is light, strong and flexible, conducting heat and electricity quickly and efficiently.
Popular News in Images
- Chinese rocket lights up skies over Utah and California
- Why Yahoo, once the darling of the internet, couldn't keep up
- Zika Virus in Florida: What We Know and What We Don’t Know
- New York Jets, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick not talking as camp opens
- Hillary Clinton's full speech at the Democratic National Convention
- Human nose holds novel antibiotic effective against multiresistant pathogens
- Solar Plane Completes Historic Round-the-World Flight
- Ice Bucket Challenge Cash Helped Pay for ALS Gene Discoveries
- Loneliest young star seen by Spitzer and WISE
- Tesla opens $5B car battery 'gigafactory'
- Eating After Workouts: The Science of Timing Meals and Exercise
- Hour of exercise a day may offset sitting's toll on health
- European Space Agency shuts off comet lander Philae
- Atlas rocket carries clandestine NRO surveillance satellite aloft
- Insights on Sex and Death from a Mutant Roundworm
- Lockheed Martin, Korea Aerospace Industries complete T-50A test flight
- International efforts needed to save world’s largest mammals
- Turkish gov't shuts down more than 100 media outlets in post-coup crackdown
- Tim Kaine speaks of personal faith, untrustworthiness of Donald Trump
- Gene therapy in a droplet could treat eye diseases, prevent blindness
- Scientists unveil fundamental properties of spin Seebeck effect
- First whale detected by newly deployed acoustic buoy in New York Bight
- Should crime victims call the police?
- New Leishmania virulence strategies
- Engine burn gives Mars mission a kick