A group of scientists, led by a team from the University of Bristol, UK has observed a sudden increase of ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica. ...
A new study of young U.S. veterans shows that the probability of having a high risk of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) increased with increasing severity of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
It's no wonder that giant pandas are always chewing and eating, say Chinese researchers: their gut bacteria are not the type for efficiently digesting bamboo.
When you mention rich ecosystems that are vital for life on Earth, people tend to think of rainforests, but ocean plankton are actually just as crucial. The microscopic beings that...
The original snake ancestor was a nocturnal, stealth-hunting predator that had tiny hindlimbs with ankles and toes, according to research published in the open access journal BMC Evolutionary Biology.
A team of New York University neuroscientists has identified a part of the brain exclusively devoted to processing speech. Its findings point to the superior temporal sulcus (STS), located in...
Ecologists from the University of York, together with the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) and the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), have developed a new method to better identify where poachers operate...
Popular News in Images
- Future for warming US: Not just the heat but the humanity
- Discovery lays the foundation for yeast-based drug synthesis
- Brain implants let paralyzed man move robotic arm
- LHC smashes collision energy record
- Oil pipeline break dumps crude on California beach
- NASA's WISE Spacecraft Discovers Most Luminous Galaxy in Universe
- Next stop Earth: SpaceX cargo capsule departs space station
- Russian Proton Rocket Fails During Satellite Launch
- Amtrak resumes operations after deadly derailment
- Air Force's Robotic X-37B Space Plane Launches Mystery Mission This Week
- 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician killed
- Grad student accused of faking gay marriage data planning “comprehensive response”
- Inquest begins today into Ottawa teen's high school rugby death
- LightSail Mission Shines Global Spotlight on Solar Sails
- Shell picked wrong city, Seattle protesters say
- Drexel Researchers First to Detect Air Quality Effects of Natural Gas Extraction in PA's Marcellus Shale Region
- A Little Drop Will Do It: Tiny Grains of Lithium Can Dramatically Improve the Performance of Fusion Plasmas
- Efficiency record for black silicon solar cells jumps to 22.1 percent
- How microbes acquire electricity in making methane
- New device successfully captures metastasis-associated circulating tumor cell clusters
- Obama to warn rising sea levels could cost US $200 bn
- 'Invisible Harm': Could Be Years Before Oil Spill's Impact Known
- New computational technique advances color 3-D printing process
- Modern alchemy: Chemists devise synthesis of valuable exotic compounds
- Turn That Defect Upside Down