The damaging climate consequences of carbon emissions will grow and persist for millennia without a dramatic new global energy strategy, according to a new set of research-based climate change scenarios...
An article by JRC scientists published today in Science, reveals that the biophysical effects of forest losses substantially affect the local climate by altering the average temperature and even more...
An international team of scientists have discovered two new plankton-eating fossil fish species of the genus called Rhinconichthys (Rink-O-nik-thees) from the oceans of the Cretaceous Period, about 92 million years...
By poring over the fossilized skulls of ancient wildebeest-like animals (Rusingoryx atopocranion) unearthed on Kenya's Rusinga Island, researchers have discovered that the little-known hoofed mammals had a very unusual, trumpet-like...
Most people understand that investing in the future is important, and that goes for conserving nature and natural resources, too. But in the case of investing in such "natural" assets...
An experimental nanoparticle therapy that combines low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and fish oil preferentially kills primary liver cancer cells without harming healthy cells, UT Southwestern Medical Center researchers report.
Two Texas A&M AgriLife Research entomologists are among a team of some 80 international scientists whose work in sequencing the genome of the bedbug was published in the scientific journal Nature Communications on Feb. 2.
A new species of tarantula named after the famous singer-songwriter Johnny Cash is one of fourteen new spiders discovered in the southwestern United States. While these charismatic spiders have captured...
A concise "Five things to know about.... Zika virus infection" article for physicians highlights key points about this newly emerged virus in CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal)
A study based on medical records from more than a quarter million adult patients found that African-American patients with connective tissue diseases such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis were twice...
Here's a reason for men to eat their lima beans--If research in male fruit flies holds up, it might help you live longer. A new research report published in the...
Okay, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, here are two words that can help your investment in a startup business succeed: direct flights.
Cotton candy machines may hold the key for making life-sized artificial livers, kidneys, bones and other essential organs.
Popular News in Images
- Use of Crispr on human embryos approved in UK
- Cosmonauts Perform Spacewalk Wednesday Morning: Watch It Live
- Scientists investigate suspected meteorite death in southern India
- Taiwan rattled by another strong earthquake, building collapse reported
- A Single Concussion May Triple the Long-Term Risk of Suicide
- Edgar Mitchell, Sixth Astronaut to Walk on the Moon, Dies at 85
- Footage released of only known wild jaguar in United States
- Seafood Consumption May Play a Role in Reducing Risk for Alzheimer's
- China's six-party talks chief goes to North Korea
- 'Cannibalism' between stars: New research shows the turbulent past of our sun
- Denver Broncos' runners could be key in Super Bowl 50
- Birth defect link to Zika 'guilty until proven innocent:' WHO
- Exposure to air pollution 30 years ago associated with increased risk of death
- Brain scars in multiple sclerosis patients reveal possible cause of taste problems
- Crane collapses in New York City financial district; one dead
- Iowa's Republican caucus sets participation record
- Scientists to inject fuel in experimental fusion device
- Sustained aerobic exercise increases adult neurogenesis in brain
- Mystery solved: Explorers Club meal wasn't woolly mammoth
- Study Shows North Atlantic Ocean CO2 Storage Doubled Over Last Decade
- Zika virus: Pregnant woman infected after travel, Spain says
- Tick genome reveals inner workings of a resilient blood-guzzler
- A new role for vitamin B6 in plants
- Scientists Elucidate Genetic Underpinnings of Congenital Heart Disease
- No more hippy trail routes as backpackers become tourists