Burning a candle could be all it takes to make an inexpensive but powerful electric car battery, according to new research published in Electrochimica Acta. The research reveals that candle...
There have been many estimates for when the earth's inner core was formed, but scientists from the University of Liverpool have used new data which indicates that the Earth's inner...
Researchers from the University of Southampton have developed a new method for measuring the mass of pulsars - highly magnetised rotating neutron stars formed from the remains of massive stars...
Major volcanic eruptions can have a significant effect on the flow of the biggest rivers around the world, research shows.
A team of international researchers, including James Beasley, assistant professor of wildlife ecology at the University of Georgia Savannah River Ecology Laboratory and the Warnell School Forestry and Natural Resources,...
Astronomers using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope and the European Southern Observatory's (ESO) Very Large Telescope in Chile have discovered never-before-seen features within the dusty disk surrounding the young, nearby star...
Adding math talk to story time at home is a winning equation for children's math achievement, according to new research from the University of Chicago.
Kansas State University wheat scientists have completed the first study of a chromosome in a tertiary gene pool and have called it a breakthrough in exploring wheat wild relatives for...
Some of the most ancient birds were capable of performing aerodynamic feats in a manner similar to many living birds, according to a new study of the fossil wing of...
Popular News in Images
- The dark side of Nobel prizewinning research
- Nobel Prize in Physics for 2015
- Nobel Laureates We’d Like To Forget
- Aqua and Terra satellites analyze Hurricane Joaquin near Bermuda
- Ancient Mars Had Long-Lasting Lakes, Boosting Chances for Life
- Images of Pluto's moon Charon show huge fractures and hints of icy 'lava flows'
- US Spysat Launch Early Thursday to Carry Fleet of Tiny Cubesats: Watch Live
- Scientists Paint Quantum Electronics with Beams of Light
- Lab-grown 3-D intestine regenerates gut lining in dogs
- Twitter's Jack Dorsey named permanent CEO
- Suicide attempts and self harm increase in wake of weight-loss surgery, study shows
- NASA sees Tropical Storm Choi-Wan strengthening over open ocean
- Los Angeles police catch miniature horse running in traffic
- Team reports detailed analysis of electrical characteristics of a tiny transistor made from two quantum dots
- Newly described ion channel structure reveals how excited neurons settle down
- Mammal species outlived the dinosaurs
- Scientists pave way for diamonds to trace early cancers
- Researchers create inside-out plants to watch how cellulose forms
- Researchers Say They’ve Recreated Part of a Rat Brain Digitally
- Newly discovered 'design rule' brings nature-inspired nanostructures one step closer
- Video games that pay out in Vegas
- VIDEO: Farmers find woolly mammoth skeleton
- Is the eco-tourism boom putting wildlife in a new kind of danger?
- Greenland's ice sheet plumbing system revealed
- Varying walking pace burns more calories