Characterizing associations between socioeconomic factors and children's brain development, a team including investigators from nine universities across the country reports correlative links between family income and brain structure. Relationships between...
The first study to investigate the relationship between eating fruit and vegetables containing pesticide residues and the quality of men's semen has shown a link with lower sperm counts and...
Foraging bats obey their own set of 'traffic rules', chasing, turning and avoiding collisions at high speed, new research from the University of Bristol has found.
New research shows bacteria can use tiny magnetic particles to effectively create a 'natural battery.' According to work published in journal Science on 27 March, the bacteria can load electrons...
Physicists at the Universities of Bonn and Cambridge have succeeded in linking two completely different quantum systems to one another. In doing so, they have taken an important step forward...
A new study led by Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego researchers has revealed that the thickness of Antarctica's floating ice shelves has recently decreased by as much as 18 percent in certain areas over nearly two decades,...
A short burst of intensive exercise before eating a high fat meal is better for blood vessel function in young people than the currently recommended moderate-intensity exercise, according to a...
Physicists from MIT and the University of Belgrade have developed a new technique that can successfully entangle 3,000 atoms using only a single photon. The results, published today in the...
Researchers studying cancer and other invasive diseases rely on high-resolution imaging to see tumors and other activity deep within the body's tissues. Using a new high-speed, high-resolution imaging method, Lihong...
Popular News in Images
- Unlikely nursery for new planets is next to massive black hole
- NASA details plans to pluck rock off asteroid, explore it
- Angelina Jolie reveals she underwent surgery to remove ovaries
- Two exotic termites find love in Florida, worrying researchers
- Soyuz rocket prepares to launch yearlong space station crew
- Mars Rover Opportunity Gets Memory Fix Ahead of Marathon Milestone
- Ebola Death Rates Vary Widely by Age Group
- Heat-beating beans resist climate change
- Search resumes at Germanwings Flight 9525 site
- 85 college students tried to draw the Apple logo from memory: 84 failed
- Can perovskites and silicon team up to boost industrial solar cell efficiencies?
- Young athletes at greater risk for re-injury after ACL surgery
- What to watch for in BlackBerry's quarterly numbers
- Fat turns from diabetes foe to potential treatment
- Morphing wings help drones manage collisions
- Twin astronauts provide Earth-bound control for orbital health study
- 'Tampon tests' could be used to track sewage in rivers
- Color of lettuce determines the speed of its antioxidant effect
- Playing music by professional musicians activates genes responsible for brain function and singing of songbirds
- Beautiful Minds: NYU Courant Professor Nirenberg, Princeton's John Nash Win Abel Prize in Mathematics
- The brain sees words, even nonsense ones, as pictures
- Lights out in Australia as Earth Hour kicks off
- Food Additive Could Serve as a Safer, More Environmentally Friendly Antifreeze
- Enterovirus 68 linked to paralysis in children, study says
- "Lightning Bolts" in the Brain Show Learning in Action