Today an international team of astronomers from NASA's Kepler mission have announced the discovery of a near-Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of a Sun-like star.
Mobile stroke treatment units may greatly improve survival rates, chance of recovery for ischemic stroke patients
Two new studies presented today at the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery 12th Annual Meeting in San Francisco, report that Mobile Stroke Treatment Units (MSTUs) can significantly reduce the time it...
The Tyrannosaurus rex and its fellow theropod dinosaurs that rampage across the screen in movies like Jurassic World were successful predators partly due to a unique, deeply serrated tooth structure...
The 11 percent decrease in climate change-causing carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S. between 2007 and 2013 was caused by the global financial recession - not the reduced use of...
If oxygen was a driver of the early evolution of animals, only a slight bump in oxygen levels facilitated it, according to a multi-institutional research team that includes a
The world's deserts may be storing some of the climate-changing carbon dioxide emitted by human activities, a new study suggests. Massive aquifers underneath deserts could hold more carbon than all...
Researchers from Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego have accurately mapped out the movement of the devastating 7.8-magnitude Nepal earthquake that killed over 9,000 and injured over 23,000...
Electronic cigarettes or "e-cigs" have been touted as a tool smokers can use to wean themselves off of traditional cigarettes, which many believe are more harmful than their "e" counterparts....
Nearly four billion years ago, the earliest precursors of life on Earth emerged. First small, simple molecules, or monomers, banded together to form larger, more complex molecules, or polymers. Then...
Edward Snowden's leak of classified documents to journalists around the world about massive government surveillance programs and threats to personal privacy ultimately resulted in a Pulitzer Prize for public service.
As the International Olympic Committee prepares to choose between Beijing (China) and Almaty (Kazakhstan) as the host of the 2022 Winter Olympics, a new report shows that the cost of...
Popular News in Images
- Federal officials examine probable cause of spaceship crash
- Polar bear finds spy camera, films cub, takes selfie
- Expedition 44 crew set to rocket to International Space Station
- Museum fossil links snakes to lizards
- Identities of Mysterious Jamestown Settlers Revealed
- How Pluto's most spectacular image was made—and nearly lost
- VIDEO: All the Pluto pictures in 60 seconds
- New rice variety could feed the planet without warming it
- Ask Stephen Hawking Anything in His First Reddit AMA
- Surprise: Snakes don’t kill by suffocation
- Rise of the machines? Musk, Hawking, Wozniak warn of impending military AI arms race
- Ugly Ducklings of the Universe are Born Like Stars
- Microsoft launches Windows 10: Here's what that means
- Insulin resistance increases risk for Alzheimer’s disease
- End-of-production LED lighting increases red pigmentation in lettuce
- Yarn from slaughterhouse waste
- Secrets of stars unlocked through aluminium
- A New Litmus Test for Chaos?
- Lobster-Eye Imager Detects Soft X-ray Emissions
- High-fat maternal diet changes newborn heart ‘tastebuds’
- Simple procedure using a nasal balloon can help treat hearing loss in children
- Babies' brains show that social skills linked to second language learning
- NASA sees newborn Tropical Depression 12W near northeastern tip of Philippines
- Kiwi bird genome sequenced
- Rising CO2 emissions confounding carbon dating