In 2012, the Voyager mission team announced that the Voyager 1 spacecraft had passed into interstellar space, traveling further from Earth than any other manmade object.
Scientists have discovered that greater mouse-eared bats use polarisation patterns in the sky to navigate -- the first mammal that's known to do this.
Odds are, there's a virus living inside your gut that has gone undetected by scientists for decades. A new study led by researchers at San Diego State University has found...
String bends, tapping, vibrato and whammy bars are all techniques that add to the distinctiveness of a lead guitarist's sound, whether it's Clapton, Hendrix, or BB King.
They are something we take very seriously in Florida -- hurricanes. The names roll off the tongue like a list of villains -- Andrew, Charlie, Frances and Wilma.
Honey bees, especially the young, are highly sensitive to temperature and to protect developing bees, adults work together to maintain temperatures within a narrow range. Recently published research led by...
Researchers at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR), the Vienna University of Technology and the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Lublin have succeeded in embedding nearly perfect semiconductor crystals into a silicon nanowire. With...
Three-dimensional imaging of a Paleolithic child's skull reveals potentially violent head trauma that likely lead to brain damage, according to a study published July 23, 2014 in the open-access journal...
Statistical analysis of average global temperatures between 1998 and 2013 shows that the slowdown in global warming during this period is consistent with natural variations in temperature, according to research...
A sake brewery has its own microbial terroir, meaning the microbial populations found on surfaces in the facility resemble those found in the product, creating the final flavor according to...
Men and women who have served in the military have a higher prevalence of adverse childhood events (ACEs), suggesting that enlistment may be a way to escape adversity...
Popular News in Images
- Kerry lays out Russia's role in Malaysia Airlines crash
- 15-year analysis of blue whale range off California finds conflict with shipping lanes
- Feathered dinosaurs may have been the rule, not the exception
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Elephants possess 'superior' sense of smell, study finds
- Fukushima monkeys show possible 'effects of radiation'
- Apollo 11 Flight Log, July 21, 1969: Launching from the Moon
- Suspected Ebola victim dies in quarantine in Nigeria
- Fukushima study: Think about unthinkable disasters
- Genetic study shows major impact of climate change on Antarctic fur seals
- Once upon a time...
- Personal Health: Probiotic Logic vs. Gut Feelings
- Acetaminophen Doesn't Reduce Lower-Back Pain, Study Suggests
- Environmental impact of beef, pork, poultry
- NASA renames building for astronaut Neil Armstrong
- Could Dinosaurs Have Survived the Impact that Killed Them?
- The low waters of Lake Mead
- Researchers figure out how oddly shaped sandstone landform structures come about
- Federal appeals court deals blow to health law
- Researchers find first sign that tyrannosaurs hunted in packs
- Strengthening community forest rights is critical tool to fight climate change
- Vinton G. Cerf: The Value of "Investment by the U.S. Government" Cannot Be Overstated
- Why do men prefer nice women?
- It Takes Two to Court
- Study Shows Role of Media in Sharing Life Events