About half of American women have dense breasts, which makes it harder for mammograms to identify cancer and add to a woman's risk for cancer. Nearly half of U.S....
RNA splicing is a major underlying factor that links mutations to complex traits and diseases, according to an exhaustive analysis of gene expression in whole genome and cell line data....
For the past four years, researchers at MIT, Tufts University, and Georgia State University have been conducting a study to determine whether tablet computers loaded with literacy applications could improve...
The pavement sealcoat products used widely around the nation on thousands of asphalt driveways and parking lots are significantly more toxic and mutagenic than previously suspected, according to a new...
Researchers have used 'network theory' for the first time to visually depict the movement of dinosaurs around the world during the Mesozoic Era - including a curious exodus from Europe.
Pioneering gene therapy has restored some vision to patients with a rare form of genetic blindness for as long as four years, raising hopes it could be used to cure common causes of vision loss, new University of Oxford research...
Scientists have discovered Sarmientosaurus musacchioi, a new species of titanosaurian dinosaur, based on an complete skull and partial neck fossil unearthed in Patagonia, Argentina, according to a study published April...
Science can flourish when experts disagree, but in the governmental realm uncertainty can lead to inadequate policy and preparedness. When it comes to climate change, it can be OK for...
Soy isoflavones and peptides may inhibit the growth of microbial pathogens that cause food-borne illnesses, according to a new study from University of Guelph researchers.
New research to be presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies 2016 Meeting suggests that the use of airplanes to spray anti-mosquito pesticides may increase the risk of autism spectrum disorder...
Popular News in Images
- SpaceX Plans Mars Missions As Soon As 2018 | Video
- Pop went the weasel and down went the Large Hadron Collider
- Etched in their mind: Ukraine marks 30 years since Chernobyl
- Weird Tailless Comet, First Ever Seen, Is a Building Block of Earth
- Lizards share sleep patterns with humans
- VIDEO: Tim Peake drives remote Mars rover
- Night shift work may be tough on a woman's heart
- 14 Pictures From an Epic Solar Flight Around the World
- Study: Spiders have oral sex
- Ice Loss Accelerating in Greenland's Coastal Glaciers
- Experimental drug cancels effect from key intellectual disability gene in mice
- Research opens new treatment strategies for specific form of psoriasis
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy linked to reduced depressive relapse risk
- France shows off humanoid underwater exploration robot
- Speedy bridge repair
- Mars' surface revealed in unprecedented detail
- Japan abandons unresponsive $450 million space telescope
- Birds of prey miss out on benefits of beak evolution
- One of Titan's Strange Seas is Pure Methane
- Starliner Simulators: Astronauts 'Fly' Boeing Spacecraft Trainers
- Cholesterol levels, not statins, influence colorectal cancer risk
- Landslide risk remains high a year after magnitude-7.8 Nepal earthquake
- Spaceport construction boss sent to Russian labor camp
- 'Secret of youth' in ginger gene
- [Report] Pressure-dependent isotopic composition of iron alloys