The most detailed analysis yet of the role germline mutations in genes associated with cancer predisposition play in the development of childhood cancer suggests that comprehensive genomic screening may be...
Migration between different communities of bacteria is the key to the type of gene transfer that can lead to the spread of traits such as antibiotic resistance, according to researchers...
There is an urgent need to improve both short-term and long-term approaches to education for the large number of Syrian refugee children in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, according to a...
Ground-breaking new research has shown that erosion caused by glaciation during ice ages can, in the right circumstances, wear down mountains faster than plate tectonics can build them.
Scientists extracted DNA from spider webs to identify the web's spider architect and the prey that crossed it, according to this proof-of-concept study published November 25, 2015 in the open-access...
Whitehead Institute researchers have revealed the architecture of a protein complex that plays a foundational role in the machine that directs chromosome segregation during cell division.
Popular News in Images
- Bezos spaceship makes second flight
- Gene drive turns insects into malaria fighters
- Genetically Engineered Salmon Approved for Consumption
- Ravens RB Justin Forsett suffers broken arm
- Pigeons classify breast cancer images
- Research on kaons could challenge underlying principles of physics
- Sea Mollusk Sees With Hundreds Of Armored Eyes
- Endangered White Rhino Nola Dies at San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch out for Sunday's game
- Space rocket debris found off Scilly
- Turing Refuses to Lower List Price of Toxoplasmosis Drug
- Ebola-Related Eye Problems Hit Second US Survivor
- APNewsBreak: Emails reveal Coke's role in anti-obesity group
- More Infant Deaths Blamed on Crib Bumpers
- What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving?: Dave Arnold
- Feds plan new guidelines on toxic algae in lakes, rivers
- Revealing glacier flow with animated satellite images
- 19 people in 7 states ill in E. coli outbreak tied to Costco
- Researchers discover why E. coli move faster in syrup-like fluids than in water
- Paleolithic elephant butchering site found in Greece
- New 'self-healing' gel makes electronics more flexible
- Climate-friendly rice recognized as a top science development of 2015
- Researchers make strides in their quest to develop an underwater adhesive
- New Sensor Sends Electronic Signal When Estrogen Is Detected
- Cooking with chloraminated water and salt could create toxic molecules