Is there life beyond our solar system? If there is, our best bet for finding it may lie in three nearby, Earth-like exoplanets.
Griffith University researchers are part of an international team of scientists that has announced the discovery of ancestors of Homo floresiensis - the enigmatic species of pygmy-like humans discovered more...
At the center of a galaxy cluster, 1 billion light years from Earth, a voracious, supermassive black hole is preparing for a chilly feast.
LISA Pathfinder, a mission led by the European Space Agency (ESA) with contributions from NASA, has successfully tested a key technology needed to build a space-based observatory for detecting gravitational...
A new technique that allows embryos to develop in vitro beyond the implantation stage (when the embryo would normally implant into the womb) has been developed by scientists at the...
A team of scientists led by Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) made a puzzling observation while studying the size and distribution of craters on the dwarf planet Ceres.
Researchers have developed a new method for detecting and measuring one of the most powerful, and most mysterious, events in the Universe - a black hole being kicked out of its host galaxy and into intergalactic space at speeds as...
Scientists at MIT and elsewhere have identified the "first fingerprints of healing" of the Antarctic ozone layer, published today in the journal Science.
Scientists from Princeton University and NASA have confirmed that 1,284 objects observed outside Earth's solar system by NASA's Kepler spacecraft are indeed planets. Reported in The Astrophysical Journal on May...
Members of the successful Apollo space program are experiencing higher rates of cardiovascular problems that are thought to be caused by their exposure to deep space radiation, according to a...
Some of the most abundant particles in the universe are the so-called ghost particles, neutrinos, which travel through virtually anything on their journey through the universe. Researchers have identified three...
Three weeks after the scientific world marked the 20th anniversary of the birth of Dolly the sheep new research, published by The University of Nottingham, in the academic journal Nature...
Popular News in Images
- Proxima Centauri: Our Closest Stellar Neighbor - Statistics | Video
- Black holes and the prospects for measuring gravitational waves
- NASA asteroid probe may find clues to origins of life on Earth
- SES company first to use 'second-hand' SpaceX rocket
- Brexit polls split as Britain prepares to vote in EU referendum
- Apple event has world watching for new iPhone
- SpaceX Goes for 4 Rocket Landings in a Row Today: How to Watch It Live
- Philae found!
- SpaceX to Launch Vital New Spaceship Docking Port for Space Station
- Cancer patient receives first penis transplant in US
- Space-Craft: NASA Offers Origami Model of Space Station's Expandable Habitat
- Private company wins U.S. clearance to fly to the moon
- Image: A test version of the booster for NASA's new rocket
- Meteor in sky lights up social media in Nevada, other states
- SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft returning to Earth after ISS delivery
- Apple faces huge Irish tax payout in EU case
- In Surprise Recovery, Paralyzed Patients Move After Using Brain Devices
- NASA's Juno spacecraft sends first in-orbit view
- Black Lives Matter protests prompted by fatal police shooting of man in Louisiana
- 6.2 earthquake shakes Rome and central Italy
- Reports: Verizon to announce takeover of Yahoo
- Jupiter's North Pole Unlike Anything Encountered in Solar System
- Police: 20 dead in act of terrorism at Orlando's Pulse nightclub
- Media Telebriefing: NTP Cell Phone Radiofrequency Radiation Study: Partial Release of Findings
- High animal protein intake associated with higher, plant protein with lower mortality rate