The case was the first announced recording of space-time oscillations -- gravitational waves, reaching the Earth after a catastrophe that happened far in the Universe. That confirms a significant prediction made in the special theory of relativity made by Albert...
Researchers have developed a new method for detecting and measuring one of the most powerful, and most mysterious, events in the Universe - a black hole being kicked out of...
Scientists at MIT and elsewhere have identified the "first fingerprints of healing" of the Antarctic ozone layer, published today in the journal Science.
Scientists from Princeton University and NASA have confirmed that 1,284 objects observed outside Earth's solar system by NASA's Kepler spacecraft are indeed planets. Reported in The Astrophysical Journal on May...
At the center of a galaxy cluster, 1 billion light years from Earth, a voracious, supermassive black hole is preparing for a chilly feast.
LISA Pathfinder, a mission led by the European Space Agency (ESA) with contributions from NASA, has successfully tested a key technology needed to build a space-based observatory for detecting gravitational...
A multidisciplinary team which included participants from the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) has discovered that Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens crossbred over 100,000 years ago. This puts back the...
Is there life beyond our solar system? If there is, our best bet for finding it may lie in three nearby, Earth-like exoplanets.
Griffith University researchers are part of an international team of scientists that has announced the discovery of ancestors of Homo floresiensis - the enigmatic species of pygmy-like humans discovered more...
Members of the successful Apollo space program are experiencing higher rates of cardiovascular problems that are thought to be caused by their exposure to deep space radiation, according to a...
Some of the most abundant particles in the universe are the so-called ghost particles, neutrinos, which travel through virtually anything on their journey through the universe. Researchers have identified three...
As men age, their sexual function, vitality and strength can decline, but researchers had not yet established whether testosterone treatment is actually beneficial. Now, a team that included UF Health...
April 15, 2016, Barcelona, Spain: Data from a Phase 2 clinical trial show that an investigational injectable treatment known as RG-101 in combination with a four week course of oral...
Popular News in Images
- Our Interstellar Neighbors: 5 Potentially Earth-Like Planets Nearby
- RIT Professors Create New Method for Identifying Black Holes
- Mission to Alpha Centauri
- Climate Change Is Messing with Earth's Axis
- Mariner Spacecraft
- NASA Probe to Bring Back Samples From Asteroid
- SpaceX's recovered rocket back at port after sea landing
- Three Surveyors Eliminated from Program
- Radar Mapping of Venus Halted
- Vikings uncovered? 3 possible sites found in Canada
- Opinion: SpaceX explosion shows why we must slow down private space exploration until we rewrite law
- S&P downgrades U.K.'s credit rating after Brexit vote
- Apple be damned: the humble headphone jack has survived for more than a century
- Watch SpaceX Nearly Pull Off Its 4th Straight Rocket Landing at Sea (Video)
- Study: California leak was top methane release in US history
- No Longer Missing: Rosetta’s Philae Spacecraft Located on Comet
- SpaceX Aims to Relaunch Landed Dragon Capsule in Early 2017
- 'Planet Nine' Is Still Just a Theory, NASA Cautions (Video)
- New penis recipient looks forward to being a 'complete' man
- Zika virus detected in 2 pregnant B.C. women
- Life on the Space Station Beamed Into NYC Museum
- Private company Moon Express green-lit to launch first non-gov't lunar mission
- NASA's Kepler spacecraft recovers from emergency mode, but what triggered it?
- The Road to Mars Starts With This Rocket
- Chinese rocket lights up skies over Utah and California