Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
The international team, led by Stephane Guilloteau at the Laboratoire d'Astrophysique de Bordeaux, France, measured the temperature of large dust grains around the young star 2MASS J16281370-2431391 in the spectacular...
A team of astronomers, including Carnegie's Benjamin Shappee, Nidia Morrell, and Ian Thompson, has discovered the most-luminous supernova ever observed, called ASAS-SN-15lh. Their findings are published in Science.
IC 1613 is a dwarf galaxy in the constellation of Cetus (The Sea Monster). This VST image  shows the galaxy's unconventional beauty, all scattered stars and bright...
Zooming in on black holes is the main mission for the newly installed instrument GRAVITY at ESO's Very Large Telescope in Chile. During its first observations, GRAVITY successfully combined starlight...
Space News in Images
- NASA's $19 Billion 2017 Budget Request: A Summary
- Scientists investigate suspected meteorite death in southern India
- Flashes of light may stop jet lag
- Attorney says Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend has ruptured eardrum
- Lightning's Dance With Auroral Glow Seen From Space | Time-Lapse Video
- Announcement Thursday on Einstein's gravitational waves
- Three Ways to Bust Ghostly Dark Matter
- NASA Employees 'Welcome' You To The Space Agency | Video
- SES: We Plan Feb. 24 SpaceX Launch of SES-9 Satellite
- North Korean Satellite Said to Be Tumbling in Orbit
- North Korea celebrations not on display at China border
- Khloe Kardashian and James Harden reportedly split
- Brie Bella on Daniel Bryan's retirement: 'A new journey awaits us'
- Visualising atoms
- Ben Stiller stars in fake female Viagra commercial on 'The Tonight Show'
- Have Einstein's gravitational waves finally been found?
- High stakes as Japanese space observatory prepares for launch
- Everything Is Awesome About These New Lego Space Sets
- Artistic space odyssey to broadcast people's messages to the stars
- New insights from the stalled El Nino of 2014
- Image: Saturn's moonlets disrupting a core ring
- The 'glitching' of the Vela pulsar
- Astronomers spot a faint dwarf galaxy disrupting a nearby giant spiral galaxy
- First locks released from Lisa Pathfinder's cubes
- Steve Harvey mocks 'Miss Universe' flub in new Super Bowl ad
- Plants in Space: Photos by Gardening Astronauts
- New Satellite-Based Maps to Aid in Climate Forecasts
- NFL notebook: Marshawn Lynch ponders retirement
- Krang revealed in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Super Bowl trailer
- 'Independence Day' sequel releases explosive new trailer
Popular Astronomy news
- Phase of the moon affects amount of rainfall
- Galactic center's gamma rays unlikely to originate from dark matter, evidence shows
- Antarctic fungi survive Martian conditions on the International Space Station
- The Milky Way's clean and tidy galactic neighbor
- Stellar parenting: Giant star clusters make new stars by 'adopting' stray cosmic gases