Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
After Tropical Depression 19W moved ashore in central Vietnam NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite passed over the system and found some powerful thunderstorms over Thailand, Vietnam and Laos capable of dropping...
Astronomers using ESO telescopes and other facilities have found clear evidence of a planet orbiting the closest star to Earth, Proxima Centauri. The long-sought world, designated Proxima b, orbits its...
Astrophysicists from the Johns Hopkins University have proposed a clever new way of shedding light on the mystery of dark matter, believed to make up most of the universe.
Astronomers using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) surveyed dozens of young stars -- some Sun-like and others approximately double that size -- and discovered that the larger variety have...
The international University of California, Riverside-led SpARCS collaboration has discovered four of the most distant clusters of galaxies ever found, as they appeared when the universe was only 4...
Space News in Images
- Old stardust in young galaxy sheds light on the first stars
- Emma Watson's 'The Circle' to debut at the Tribeca Film Festival
- Blue Origin's Giant New Glenn Rocket in Pictures
- New York Giants land WR Brandon Marshall in 2-year, $12 million deal
- San Francisco 49ers signing Brian Hoyer
- Mechanism underlying size-sorting of rubble on asteroid Itokawa revealed
- Watch the Moon Play 'Peekaboo' with Bright Star Aldebaran (Photos, Video)
- Making Astronomy Accessible to the Blind
- Study: Potatoes can grow on Mars
- New survey finds 'Peter Pan' radio galaxies that may never grow up
- Cassini Reveals Changing Conditions at Saturn's Massive Polar Vortices
- Heads-up for lightning? This satellite's working on it
- Risks on Mars Mean Humans Might Want to Follow Opportunity Rover's Tracks
- FLIR delivering CBRN equipment sets
- Saturn Moon Enceladus' Varied Landscape Dazzles in New Photo
- Study: Position and angles of meteor showers constantly shifts
- Extraterrestrial life forms could be 'our neighbours someday': NASA researcher
- 'I Hope They Take a Camera': Astronaut Jim Lovell Talks SpaceX Moon Mission
- Kevin McGahern to host 'Weird America' on Travel Channel
- Watch live: Spicer gives briefing; Dubke named communications director
- North Korea: Missiles tested for potential strikes against U.S. military in Japan
- CIA could listen through cellphones, smart TVs, WikiLeaks claims
- Light rain can spread soil bacteria far and wide, study finds
- 'Prison Break,' 'Dirty Dancing' stars booked for PaleyLive talks
- Managing a mission
- Earth is bombarded at random, crater study shows
- Coldest Spot in Universe Should Soon Be Aboard International Space Station
- Trajectories to victory
- We're on the Verge of a Gravitational Wave Astronomy Boom
- S Kendrick Lewis, CB Shareece Wright won't be back with Baltimore Ravens