Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
As super typhoon Nepartak NASA satellites are gathering data on wind, temperature, rainfall, and cloud extent. NASA's Terra satellite, the Suomi NPP satellite and the RapidScat instrument have been analyzing...
New software is enabling ChemCam, the laser spectrometer on NASA's Curiosity Mars rover, to select rock targets autonomously -- the first time autonomous target selection is available for an instrument...
Research published in April provided "slam dunk" evidence of two prehistoric supernovae exploding about 300 light years from Earth. Now, a follow-up investigation based on computer modeling shows those supernovae...
Since its detection in 2014, the brown dwarf known as WISE 0855 has fascinated astronomers. Only 7.2 light-years from Earth, it is the coldest known object outside of our solar...
Space News in Images
- Solar Impulse 2 plane completes historic global flight
- NASA sees formation of Tropical Depression 05W in infrared
- Mayer's experience, star power failed to revive Yahoo
- Digging deeper into Mars
- Poll: Donald Trump vaults into lead over Hillary Clinton
- NASA scans Tropical Storm Frank's winds
- Sun Blasts 2016's Most Powerful Flare Yet - Part of Flare Trio | Video
- Video: Making for Mercury
- Image: Meandering moon feature
- British PM May says 'Brexit' should not mean border controls with Ireland
- What if the moon disappeared tomorrow?
- X Marks the Spot: Twitter-Born Collaboration Illuminates Milky Way Structure
- In Memoriam: Longtime Night Sky Columnist Geoff Gaherty
- NASA to map the surface of an asteroid
- Blazers sign C.J. McCollum to 4-year, $106M extension
- Watch Earth Spin Through a Full Year in This Spectacular Time-Lapse Video
- 'Trainspotting 2': Original cast reunite in first teaser trailer
- How Many Suns Can a Planet Have?
- Popular Science's Spaceship Design Contest Winners!
- Meghan Trainor performs duet with James Corden in LA
- Image: Hubble views a galaxy fit to burst
- Scientists measure the air breathed by Earth's first animals
- Sally Ride, Mae Jemison Among 'Women of NASA' Proposed as LEGO Minifigs
- Video: Alpha Centauri AB system could have the nearest exoplanets
- How big is Jupiter's Great Red Spot?
- A star's birth holds early clues to life potential
- Ken Griffey Jr.: Newest Hall of Famer debuts secret suit
- ExoMars/TGO hangout
- Mars 2020 Rover Mission to Cost More Than $2 Billion
- Moon 'Snuggles Up' to the Hyades (and Hides Aldebaran) Friday Morning
Popular Astronomy news
- Mars rover's laser can now target rocks all by itself
- New detector at South Pole shows early success at neutrino hunting
- Astronomers discover dizzying spin of the Milky Way galaxy's 'halo'
- X marks the spot at the center of the Milky Way galaxy
- First atmospheric study of Earth-sized exoplanets reveals rocky worlds