Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
Researchers at the University of East Anglia have made an important step in the race to discover whether other planets could develop and sustain life.
Every full moon, Landsat 8 turns its back on Earth. As the satellite's orbit takes it to the nighttime side of the planet, Landsat 8 pivots to point at the...
At first glance, Titan has little in common with Earth. The largest moon of Saturn, temperatures on Titan's surface dip nearly 300 F below zero, its seas slosh with liquid...
In 2012, the Voyager mission team announced that the Voyager 1 spacecraft had passed into interstellar space, traveling further from Earth than any other manmade object.
EPFL researchers have a better understanding of the asteroid Vesta and its internal structure, thanks to numerical simulations and data from the space mission Dawn. Their findings, published today in...
Astronomers analyzing a long-lasting blast of high-energy light observed in 2013 report finding features strikingly similar to those expected from an explosion from the universe's earliest stars. If this interpretation...
New research by academics at the University of Sheffield has solved a long-standing mystery surrounding the evolution of galaxies, deepening our understanding of the future of the Milky Way.
The discovery of three closely orbiting supermassive black holes in a galaxy more than four billion light years away could help astronomers in the search for gravitational waves: the 'ripples...
Space News in Images
- NASA Long-Lived Mars Opportunity Rover Passes 25 Miles of Driving
- Mysterious Molecules in Space
- Map Reveals 101 Geysers on Saturnian Moon Enceladus
- In Images: Hawaii's Giant Thirty Meter Telescope
- NASA limits foreign contributions to U.S. planetary missions
- Auroras Over Earth: Amazing Northern Lights Photos from Space
- Corning donates $1.8M in parts for space telescope
- SpaceShipTwo Takes Flight for First Time in Months
- European Cargo Craft Launching on Last Mission to Space Station Tonight: Watch Live
- NASA-funded X-ray instrument settles interstellar debate
- Last ATV liftoff
- Hubble Space Telescope Exhibit Coming to NYC's Intrepid Museum
- Last ATV launch – live
- Lagoon Nebula Glows in Amazing Night Sky Photo
- NASA Eyes Robotic Space Gas Stations for Satellites
- Daniel Radcliffe stars in first trailer for 'Horns'
- New Jersey wedding at Jacques Reception Center devolves into 300-person brawl
- Venus Express: up above the clouds so high
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy quits 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Vintage NASA Probe Out of Gas, But Still Alive, Private Team Says
- Satellites Spot Activity at North Korea Launch Site
- Europe to Launch Robotic Space Plane Prototype in November
- After early troubles, all go for Milky Way telescope
- Lea Michele to guest star in final season of 'Sons Of Anarchy'
- Collider Reveals First View of Higgs Boson at Work
- Our flocculent neighbour
- Beyonce spotted apartment shopping in NYC without Jay Z
- 50 Years Ago: Ranger Mission 'Slammed Into Moon' | Video
- Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll join 'Ant-Man' cast
- Pretty in Pink: New Moon Rock Reveals Rosy Secret
Popular Astronomy news
No popular news yet
- Radio-burst discovery deepens astrophysics mystery
- Controversial clues of 2 'Goldilocks planets' that might support life are proven false
- A young star's age can be gleamed from nothing but sound waves
- Mysterious features on Titan reveal the moon's seasonal changes, says Stanford scientist
- Astronomers find 7 dwarf galaxies with new telescope