Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
After Tropical Depression 19W moved ashore in central Vietnam NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP satellite passed over the system and found some powerful thunderstorms over Thailand, Vietnam and Laos capable of dropping...
Astronomers using ESO telescopes and other facilities have found clear evidence of a planet orbiting the closest star to Earth, Proxima Centauri. The long-sought world, designated Proxima b, orbits its...
Astrophysicists from the Johns Hopkins University have proposed a clever new way of shedding light on the mystery of dark matter, believed to make up most of the universe.
Astronomers using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) surveyed dozens of young stars -- some Sun-like and others approximately double that size -- and discovered that the larger variety have...
The international University of California, Riverside-led SpARCS collaboration has discovered four of the most distant clusters of galaxies ever found, as they appeared when the universe was only 4...
Space News in Images
- Flight To A Star Cluster Visualized From ESA's New Billion-Star Map | Video
- Pluto 'paints' its largest moon Charon red
- ALMA locates possible birth site of icy giant planet
- Gaia space telescope charts billion-star map in 3D
- Donald Trump provides summary of physical to Dr. Oz during show taping
- What happened after the lights came on in the universe?
- China to launch second space laboratory: report
- Scientists pause soap bubbles mid-swirl
- Hungry startup uses robots to grab slice of pizza
- Meet New Glenn, the Blue Origin Rocket That May Someday Take You to Space
- NFL Week 2 preview, prediction: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills
- Detailed map shows Milky Way bigger than we thought
- X-ray detection sheds new light on Pluto
- Clinton Supports Human Mars Exploration
- International Cooperation Key to Spaceflight's Future, NASA Chief Says
- For 'Star Trek' Golden Anniversary, Golden Ales to Quaff
- Sofia Vergara named Forbes highest paid TV actress for fifth year in a row
- James Gunn responds to Steven Tyler's 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' request
- Laurie Hernandez, Vanilla Ice and James Hinchcliffe debut on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- What does space sound like?
- Brexit will change UK role in Europe's space programmes: ESA
- New radar system could lead to better defences against avalanches
- Ricky Schroder and wife divorcing after 23 years
- 30-ton meteor discovered in Argentina at ancient meteor shower site
- HD 30963 is a chemically peculiar star, study finds
- Hubble images three debris disks around G-type stars
- Geologic studies are a big part of upcoming space missions
- Astronomers shed light on different galaxy types
- Journey to an Asteroid: 3D Software Plots OSIRIS-Rex's Complex Route
- Virgin Galactic Signs Sky and Space Global to Four-Launch Deal