Popular Science articles about Astronomy & Space
Astrophysicists from the Johns Hopkins University have proposed a clever new way of shedding light on the mystery of dark matter, believed to make up most of the universe.
The international University of California, Riverside-led SpARCS collaboration has discovered four of the most distant clusters of galaxies ever found, as they appeared when the universe was only 4...
The search for habitable, alien worlds needs to make room for a second "Goldilocks," according to a Yale University researcher.
University of Adelaide research has for the first time statistically proven that the earliest standing stone monuments of Britain, the great circles, were constructed specifically in line with the movements...
Brown dwarfs are smaller than stars, but more massive than giant planets. As such, they provide a natural link between astronomy and planetary science. However, they also show incredible variation...
Astronomers using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) surveyed dozens of young stars -- some Sun-like and others approximately double that size -- and discovered that the larger variety have...
Astronomers studying distant galaxies powered by monster black holes have uncovered an unexpected link between two very different wavelengths of the light they emit, the mid-infrared and gamma rays. The...
Extensive systems of fossilised riverbeds have been discovered on an ancient region of the Martian surface, supporting the idea that the now cold and dry Red Planet had a warm...
Space News in Images
- Mock Mars Crew Returns to Civilization After Year in Isolation
- Nasa ends year-long Mars simulation on Hawaii
- Police: Brothers charged in death of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin are repeat offenders
- Recreating life on Mars - in Hawaii
- "Second Earth" discovered in nearby solar system
- NASA's Juno Probe Gets Closest Look at Jupiter Yet
- Rickie Fowler shoots 68, grabs Barclays lead
- Colin Kaepernick: San Francisco 49ers QB says he can win starting gig
- Report: Mariah Carey's sister arrested for alleged prostitution
- We Were All Slightly Space Nuts: Biosphere 2 Pioneer
- Thandie Newton to guest star on Season 4 of the BBC's 'Line of Duty'
- SpaceX Dragon Departs Space Station with Mice, Other Experiments
- Capsule makes a splash in NASA test, and the scientists are pleased
- Southwest flight makes emergency landing after engine explodes
- Carlos Martinez, St. Louis Cardinals dominate New York Mets
- North Atlantic 'weather bomb' tremor measured in Japan
- U.S. Border Patrol seize more than $3M cash en route to Mexico
- Scientists discover a ‘dark’ milky way
- New York Giants WR Victor Cruz eager to return to field
- Peter Fonda and Holt McCallany to star in caper comedy 'The Ogilvy Fortune'
- 'Mars Spectacular' Is a Hoax; Red Planet Won't Look Like a Full Moon
- NASA examines System 99L over Hispaniola in infrared light
- Spitzer Space Telescope Begins ‘Beyond’ Phase
- Atlas V to Launch Mars 2020 Rover
- Image: Space station view of Grand Canyon National Park
- Derek and Julianne Hough to return for Season 23 of 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Rare Close Encounter of Venus & Jupiter Tonight Won't Happen Again Until 2065
- Rosetta Probe Gets Rare Close-Up of Comet Eruption (Video)
- New movie "Hidden Figures" highlights work of NASA scientist Katherine Johnson
- Arian Foster: Miami Dolphins "don't need to name a No. 1 [RB]," says quarterback