Popular Science articles about Paleontology & Archaeology
A new study on the impact of 'drive-hunting' dolphins in the Solomon Islands is casting a spotlight on the increasing vulnerability of small cetaceans around the world.
Lucy and other members of the early hominid species Australopithecus afarensis probably were similar to humans in the size difference between males and females, according to researchers from Penn State...
Using statistics that describe how an infectious disease spreads, a University of Utah anthropologist analyzed different theories of how people first settled islands of the vast Pacific between 3,500 and...
Archaeologists from the University of York have played a key role in Anglo-Danish research which has suggested the dawn of the Viking Age may have been much earlier -- and...
A team of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in Munich has identified the first fossil specimens of a major group of killifishes that is widely distributed in freshwater habitats today. The 6-million-year-old material...
Genetic testing of Iñupiat people currently living in Alaska's North Slope is helping Northwestern University scientists fill in the blanks on questions about the migration patterns and ancestral pool of...
The demise of Neanderthals may have nothing to do with innovative hunting weapons carried by humans from west Asia, according to a new study published in the Journal of Human...
Although closely related to the notorious carnivore Tyrannosaurus rex, a new lineage of dinosaur discovered in Chile is proving to be an evolutionary jigsaw puzzle, as it preferred to graze...
Archaeology News in Images
- SpaceX Dragon Cargo Capsule Splashes Down in Pacific Ocean
- Government hunters prepare to kill salmon-eating birds
- Ring a bell? Dig could uncover Big Ben’s daddy
- Report: German woman, 65, gives birth to quadruplets
- The Viking's grave and the sunken ship: New photogrammetry method transforms archaeological sites
- Go fish! Ancient birds evolved specialist diving adaptations
- Smoked Mummy Helps Villagers Connect with 'Ghost World'
- Gigi Hadid stuns at gala following Cody Simpson split
- Paralyzed man uses his thoughts to control a robotic arm
- "Adult" dating site hacked, millions of profiles exposed
- Serengeti Park disappearing
- Ninja Punter: Seahawks' Ryan to compete on TV show
- Food Companies Fear Bird Flu May Cause Egg Shortages
- That's One Small Step Toward Creating a Dino-Chicken
- Voyagers Find a Tiny Carnival of Critters in the Ocean
- 'Alfred the Great' bones exhumed from unmarked grave
- Miranda Kerr says she isn't focused on dating
- Is This 'International Flag of Planet Earth' the One We'll Plant on Mars?
- Five Doe Award Winners Pursuing Ph.D. Research at PNNL
- King Henry I, like Richard III, could be buried in a car park, say archaeologists
- Could England's Henry I Be Buried Under a Parking Lot?
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield fuel rumors of renewed romance
- Alligator strikes decisive victory in fight against truck
- More than two dozen articles provide insights on mummies
- The Neanderthal Dawn Chorus
- Supermassive Dinosaur Skeleton Found – Over 70 Percent Of It! | Video
- Bowwow wow! Dog domestication much older than previously known
- The 10 best unsung female scientists
- VIDEO: How an ancient parasite was frozen in time
- Remains of Bronze-Age Cultic Priestess Hold Surprise