Popular Science articles about Paleontology & Archaeology
A newly-discovered, 48-million-year-old fossil, known as a "Jesus lizard" for its ability to walk on water, may provide insight into how climate change may affect tropical species, according to a study published July 1 in the open-access journal PLOS ONE...
An international research team led by the University of Colorado Boulder and the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa has discovered a milk-and ochre-based paint dating to 49,000 years...
DNA from the 8,500-year-old skeleton of an adult man found in 1996, in Washington, is more closely related to Native American populations than to any other population in the world,...
A new study by anthropologists from The University of Texas at Austin shows for the first time that epigenetic marks on DNA can be detected in a large number of...
Play a flute in Carnegie Hall, and the tone will resonate and fill the space. Play that same flute in the Grand Canyon, and the sound waves will crash against...
A new species of 'super-armoured' worm, a bizarre, spike-covered creature which ate by filtering nutrients out of seawater with its feather-like front legs, has been identified by palaeontologists. The creature,...
Cleveland . . . A new relative joins "Lucy" on the human family tree. An international team of scientists, led by Dr. Yohannes Haile-Selassie of The Cleveland Museum of Natural...
A century spent treating wildfires as emergencies to be stamped out may have cost Central Wisconsin a natural setting that was common and thriving before the state was settled.
Archaeology News in Images
- Pia Zadora and Cloris Leachman to trade lives for a week on 'Wife Swap'
- Solar plane attempts to cross front
- Report: Rondo, Belinelli headed to Sacramento Kings
- Dallas Mavericks, Jordan near agreement on max contract
- Pictures in Motion: An Austrian time-lapse movie
- Police arrest N.C. soldier with assault rifle headed to mall photo shoot
- Colorado man claims to own rare Nintendo Play Station console prototype
- Researchers find mass killings, school shootings are contagious
- Texas man killed in apparent alligator attack
- Islamic State militants destroy Palmyra artifacts
- Four accused in slave-labor trafficking ring on Ohio egg farm
- VIDEO: Acrobats of the insect world
- Iron found in ancient rock is recycled from bacteria
- Copper catalysis overcomes double bond trouble
- Mapping the world's linguistic diversity—scientists discover links between your genes and the language you speak
- Researcher unravels century-old woolly tale to find truth behind massive bones
- Podcast: The physics of groovy drumming, a bizarre bobcat burial, and more
- Cuban, US scientists bond over big sharks
- VA hospital that once treated Civil War veterans could close
- Sacramento Kings trade Stauskas, Landry, Thompson to Philadelphia 76ers
- Report: QB Miller to stay at Ohio State
- Majestic Vultures, Kings of the Sky (Photos)
- Egypt fights Sinai insurgents with airstrikes
- North Korean biochemical weapons researcher defects to Europe
- Kurds plan to carve state out of Iraq after fighting stops, leaders say
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
- Drones reveal how flooding changed Alberta's Elbow River
- VIDEO: The blind birdman of Brazil
- New Zealand military receives medium heavy military trucks
- An army of tiny Chinese wasps to save Colorado trees
Popular Paleontology news
No popular news yet
- Spiky monsters: New species of 'super-armored' worm discovered
- Newly discovered 48-million-year-old lizard walked on water in Wyoming
- Dagger-like canines of saber-toothed cats took years to grow
- New study shows South Africans using milk-based paint 49,000 years ago
- Dagger-like saber-toothed cat canines took years to grow
- Archaeologists discover evidence of prehistoric gold trade route
- Paleo-engineering: New study reveals complexity of Triceratops' teeth
- New species of horned dinosaur with 'bizarre' features revealed
- Kennewick Man closely related to Native Americans, geneticists say
- Big dinosaurs steered clear of the tropics