Popular Science articles about Paleontology & Archaeology
A team of Carnegie scientists have found "beautifully preserved" 15 million-year-old thin protein sheets in fossil shells from southern Maryland. Their findings are published in the inaugural issue of Geochemical...
A team of archaeologists and other researchers hope that an ancient graveyard in Italy can yield clues about the deadly bacterium that causes cholera.
Scientists from the Natural History Museum London are facing the challenges of mass digitization of museum specimens by inventing a creative, functional and most importantly quite cheap way to capture...
The largest rodent ever to have lived may have used its front teeth just like an elephant uses its tusks, a new study led by scientists at the University of...
University of Alberta paleontologists including PhD student Tetsuto Miyashita, former MSc student Lida Xing and professor Philip Currie have discovered a new species of a long-necked dinosaur from a skeleton...
New research suggests pre-Homo human ancestral species, such as Australopithecus africanus, used human-like hand postures much earlier than was previously thought.
Archaeology News in Images
- Mystery Woman Buried Near Richard III
- Hundreds of Medieval Bodies Found Under Paris Supermarket
- Washington Nationals sign Tony Gwynn Jr.
- Grisly Ritual Revealed: How Bolivians Dissolved Bodies
- Important figures of analytical chemistry from Germany in brief biographies: from the middle ages to the twentieth century
- Man accused of killing three Muslim students may face death penalty
- Books: Vitamin-Packed With Promises
- Matter: Two Strains of H.I.V. Cut Vastly Different Paths
- When Humans And Neanderthals Interbred?
- Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart star in red band 'Get Hard' trailer
- Siamese Crown Stolen from French Castle
- Photos: 1st-Century House from Jesus' Hometown
- Exclusive: Lost City Discovered in Honduran Rain Forest
- DNA documents ancient mass migration
- Giant glowing worm recorded by divers was 'a colony'
- Graffiti gaffe: Vandals paint 'Hail Satin' on historic bridge
- Why we see familiar-looking objects in Mars topology
- Iraq begins offensive against Islamic State to recapture Tikrit
- The Birds and the Trees
- 'I Loved Spock': President Obama Mourns Leonard Nimoy
- Two people shot inside nightclub during T.I., Young Jeezy concert
- This Is Why You're Seeing #TheDress as White and Gold
- Avalanches in Afghanistan claim nearly 300 lives
- Kevin Spacey to be honored at the Olivier Awards in April
- What You Don't Know About History's Most Famous Scientists
- Amsterdam warns tourists white heroin being sold as cocaine
- Fashionable or geeky—the modern watch dilemma
- Dallas Mavericks' Rajon Rondo suspended
- Why racism is not backed by science
- Ancient wheat points to Stone Age trading links