Popular Science articles about Paleontology & Archaeology
Scientists have discovered Wendiceratops pinhornensis, a new species of horned dinosaur based on fossils collected from a bone bed in southern Alberta, Canada, according to a study published July 8,...
A newly-discovered, 48-million-year-old fossil, known as a "Jesus lizard" for its ability to walk on water, may provide insight into how climate change may affect tropical species, according to a...
A new species of 'super-armoured' worm, a bizarre, spike-covered creature which ate by filtering nutrients out of seawater with its feather-like front legs, has been identified by palaeontologists. The creature,...
New research has revealed abrupt warming, that closely resembles the rapid man-made warming occurring today, has repeatedly played a key role in mass extinction events of large animals, the megafauna,...
Bumblebees are rapidly declining in both North America and Europe, and a new study points to climate change as the major factor. The study, a comprehensive analysis of how climate...
An international research team led by the University of Colorado Boulder and the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa has discovered a milk-and ochre-based paint dating to 49,000 years...
DNA from the 8,500-year-old skeleton of an adult man found in 1996, in Washington, is more closely related to Native American populations than to any other population in the world,...
Archaeology News in Images
- MH370 Search: How Currents Could Have Carried Debris
- OAS offers to facilitate talks between Haiti and D.R. over immigration dispute
- Zimbabwe police looking for man who killed, mutilated famous lion
- Identities of Mysterious Jamestown Settlers Revealed
- Study: Distracted texters walk slower and swerve
- Fort Conger, historic High Arctic fort, to be preserved in 3D
- Greenpeace again stands in Shell's way to arctic
- Al-Nusra Front captures leader of U.S.-backed Syrian rebel group
- Olive tree blight spreads to Corsica
- Should Scientists be Looking for the Last Lifeforms on Mars?
- Competitive eater downs 12 pints of ice cream
- 'Start-up studio' Science helps entrepreneurs find a path to profitability
- Stanford historian analyzes the history of America's preoccupation with China
- Hong Kong giant panda Jia Jia becomes oldest ever
- Mysterious 3-mile-long oil slick appears off California coast
- Eric Hosmer's blast sparks Kansas City Royals in rout of Cleveland Indians
- French teen finds 560,000 year-old tooth
- Pygmies' stunted growth explains human success
- Nearly 15-foot Burmese python killed after prowling Missouri neighborhood
- Evan Ross shares photos from Ashlee Simpson wedding
- Big inning helps Colorado Rockies rout Cincinnati Reds
- Facing regulatory roadblocks, Uber ramps up lobbying in its home state
- Gascoyne's 'trapped continent' turns up unusual gold deposit
- Ancient fossils reveal remarkable stability of Caribbean lizard communities
- Malik Ishaq, leader of Pakistani Sunni militant group, killed in shootout
- Hard-won lizards: Clues in amber anoles cap long adventure for Losos
- Pictish fort 'is Scotland's oldest'
- For dating apps in Asia, love by numbers or chaperone
- Swipe right: dating apps change US courtship rituals
- Why Insects Are Drawn to Corpse Flower’s Stench
Popular Paleontology news
No popular news yet
- Newly discovered 48-million-year-old lizard walked on water in Wyoming
- New study shows South Africans using milk-based paint 49,000 years ago
- Dagger-like canines of saber-toothed cats took years to grow
- Horned dinosaur discovery sheds light on nose horn evolution in Triceratops family
- Centuries-old shipwreck discovered off North Carolina coast