Popular Science articles about Paleontology & Archaeology
A team of psychologists, kinesiologists and archaeologists at Indiana University and elsewhere are throwing new light on a longstanding archaeological mystery: the purpose of a large number of spherical stone...
Paleontologists with the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture and the University of Washington have discovered a Tyrannosaurus rex, including a very complete skull. The find, which paleontologists estimate...
For more than 120 years the Venus Table of the Dresden Codex -- an ancient Mayan book containing astronomical data -- has been of great interest to scholars around the...
Scientists have discovered macabre fossil evidence suggesting that 300 million-year-old sharks ate their own young, as fossil poop of adult Orthacanthus sharks contained the tiny teeth of juveniles. These fearsome...
Researchers from the University of Oxford's Bodleian Libraries and from universities in the Netherlands have used high-tech imaging to uncover the details of a rare Mexican codex dating from before...
Researchers are on a real-life search for what one calls "the ultimate Pokémon": Zenkerella, an elusive scaly-tailed squirrel that has never been spotted alive by scientists. However, biologists recently found...
Archaeologists from the Universities of York, Cambridge and UCL have identified rare human bones from the UK dating to the Late Mesolithic era (around 4000 BC, just prior to the...
Scientists in their preliminary findings suggest signs of life from under Mars' surface may not survive in rocks excavated by some meteorite impacts.
Archaeology News in Images
- Philippines fisherman hid giant $100M pearl under bed for 10 years
- Auction house to sell composite skeleton of a dodo bird
- New England Patriots trade C Bryan Stork to Washington
- Buffalo Bills OT Seantrel Henderson thriving after battle with Crohn's disease
- Quake damages scores of Myanmar's heritage Bagan temples
- 300 Teeth: Duck-billed dinosaurs would have been dentist’s dream
- Stowaway black cat found underneath seat on Canadian plane
- Miami Marlins, Jose Fernandez halt Kansas City Royals' 9-game win streak
- Professor studies dead people's teeth
- French fashion pioneer Sonia Rykiel dies at 86
- Understanding mosquitoes can help us find better ways to kill them
- Whales in the desert?
- Sunken Treasures: The Curious Science of 7 Famous Shipwrecks
- Microsoft Excel blamed for gene study errors
- Lifetime exploring Britney Spears' life story with upcoming movie
- Endangered Cuban solenodon evolved after the extinction of dinosaurs
- Refugee crisis an excuse for Europe to militarize
- Vietnamese woman cuts off arm, foot for insurance
- Dwayne Johnson named world's highest paid actor
- Carolina Panthers' preseason game against New England Patriots no dress rehearsal
- Female Canadian Mounties can wear hijabs with uniform, gov't says
- Scientific dig in weird Wyoming cave yields ice age insights
- Underwater expedition off California reveals sunken warship
- Bio-inspired tire design: Where the rubber meets the road
- Nicer Up North: Canadians Top Americans in Altruism
- Ancient manuscript in unreadable language to be published
- Raped and tortured by IS, Yazidi women recover in Germany
- France's burkini ban could not come at a worse time
- Hundreds of 'Pokemon Go' players stampede through Taiwan street for rare monster
- Pittsburgh man gets stuck jumping between buildings to impress date
Popular Paleontology news
- One of the most significant Etruscan discoveries in decades names female goddess Uni
- New tiny species of extinct Australian marsupial lion named after Sir David Attenborough
- Europe's oldest known living inhabitant
- Tool or weapon? New research throws light on stone artifacts' use as ancient projectiles
- High-tech imaging reveals precolonial Mexican manuscript hidden from view for 500 years