Popular Science articles about Earth & Climate
There have been many estimates for when the earth's inner core was formed, but scientists from the University of Liverpool have used new data which indicates that the Earth's inner...
Major volcanic eruptions can have a significant effect on the flow of the biggest rivers around the world, research shows.
The worst nuclear disaster since the 1986 Chernobyl meltdown never should have happened, according to a new study.
Warming temperatures are causing Arctic mosquitoes to grow faster and emerge earlier, significantly boosting their population and threatening the caribou they feast on, a Dartmouth College study finds.
U.S. farmers are growing fewer types of crops than they were 34 years ago, which could have implications for how farms fare as changes to the climate evolve, according to...
In a study published today in the journal Nature Climate Change, scientists from three universities show that products made in China are associated with significantly higher carbon dioxide emissions than...
Offshore wind farms which are to be built in waters around the UK could pose a greater threat to protected populations of gannets than previously thought, according to a new...
Increased greenhouse gas emissions from the release of carbon dioxide and methane contained in the Arctic permafrost could result in $43 trillion in additional economic damage by the end of...
Scientists have discovered the world's longest known chain of continental volcanoes, running 2,000 kilometres across Australia, from the Whitsundays in North Queensland to near Melbourne in central Victoria.
New work from an international team including Carnegie's Ken Caldeira demonstrates that the planet's remaining fossil fuel resources would be sufficient to melt nearly all of Antarctica if burned, leading...
Climate News in Images
- Arthur B. McDonald latest Canadian Nobel Prize winner
- Waste Water Treatment Plants Fail To Completely Eliminate New Chemical Compounds
- 'Blind analysis' could reduce bias in social science, biology research
- Urban runoff killing coho salmon, but simple solution within reach
- Remote Mexican village uses solar power to purify water
- FBI finds $600K in backyard of armored truck driver
- Study restores consensus after controversial 2014 paper questioned direct effects of climate change
- MacGyver this! New DYI experiment shows students the physics of climate change
- Kim Jong Un accepts global statesman award as Pyongyang gears up for parade
- Janet Jackson, NWA, Cheap Trick lead Rock Hall of Fame nominations
- Stephen Hawking answers July questions on Reddit AMA
- Behind closed doors: How to win the Nobel prize
- Explosion at non-operational natural gas plant kills 3, injures 2 in Louisiana
- California Becomes Latest State to Ban Plastic Microbeads
- California adopts ambitious climate change bill
- Statoil: Oil spilled in North Sea
- Global slowdown made policymakers hesitant to raise interest rates, Fed says
- Vulnerable nations launch 'V20' to fight climate change
- Indonesia will get help from Singapore in hope to end crippling haze
- New England Patriots ink RB Dion Lewis to extension
- Theoretical computer science provides answers to data privacy problem
- New UF/IFAS Nature Coast Biological Station in Cedar Key to Expand Opportunities
- Disney to release 'The Incredibles 2' in 2019
- AIP's 2015 Physics Nobel Prize Resources Page
- U.S.-Russia tensions put a chill on ice disaster research effort
- Everglades Research and Education Center Is Unveiling a New and Improved Soil Testing Lab
- IMF Chief: We're cooked if we fail on climate change
- Ecuador volcano spews giant ash column
- USS Arlington departs for maiden deployment
- Watch: Khloé Kardashian questions Corey Gamble on dating Kris Jenner
Popular Climate news
- Signs of ancient megatsunami could portend modern hazard
- A simpler way to estimate the feedback between permafrost carbon and climate
- Volcanic eruptions affect flow of world's major rivers, study finds
- Ancient rocks record first evidence for photosynthesis that made oxygen
- New study indicates Earth's inner core was formed 1-1.5 billion years ago