Popular Science articles about Earth & Climate
A study, by San Diego Zoo Global conservationists, released this week (Sept. 12, 2016) is shedding new light on how scientists evaluate polar bear diet and weight loss during their fasting season. On average, a polar bear loses up to...
An international group of biologists is calling for data collection on a global scale to improve forecasts of how climate change affects animals and plants.
Oceanographers from MIT and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution report that the northeast Pacific Ocean has absorbed an increasing amount of anthropogenic carbon dioxide over the last decade, at a rate...
International Union for Conservation for Nature, WWF and International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) examines the results of the work of an IUCN-led independent panel of scientists, which has been...
The low pressure area known as System 94L developed into Tropical Storm Ian on Sept. 14. NOAA's GOES-East satellite data was made into an animation that showed the...
A research team including Professor William Laurance from James Cook University has discovered there has been a catastrophic decline in global wilderness areas during the past 20 years.
After years of environmental destruction, China has spent billions of dollars on the world's largest reforestation program, converting a combined area nearly the size of New York and Pennsylvania back...
Global fisheries stand to lose approximately $10 billion of their annual revenue by 2050 if climate change continues unchecked, and countries that are most dependent on fisheries for food will...
A University of Oklahoma study demonstrates for the first time that remote sensing data from weather surveillance radar and on-the-ground data from the eBird citizen science database both yield robust...
Nutrient pollution emptying into seas from cities, towns and agricultural land is changing the sounds made by marine life - and potentially upsetting navigational cues for fish and other sea...
Newly published research by Indiana University scientists finds that low relative humidity in the atmosphere is a significant, growing and often under-appreciated cause of plant stress in hot, dry weather...
Climate News in Images
- Protecting streams that feed Lake Erie will take much work, study finds
- Chinese foreign minister: U.N. North Korea measures 'necessary'
- Japan's Sakurajima volcano due for major eruption within 30 years, say scientists
- Ukrainian rebel leader announces cease-fire
- NASA begins study of Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- Protections rejected for American pika, other species
- Big Pixel Initiative Develops Remote Sensing Analysis to Help Map Global Urbanization
- CSU Dominguez Hills Professor Ashish Sinha's Research is Longest Record of Asian Monsoon, Leads to Discovery of what Ends Ice Ages
- Facebook chooses New Mexico for new data center over Utah
- Storm Reid lands lead in Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Tony Shalhoub joins Amazon original series from 'Gilmore Girls' creator
- Anne Hathaway on son Jonathan: 'He is the light in my life'
- Wheat producers advised to take advantage of existing soil nitrogen
- U.N. refugee summit: abstract discussions in face of deadly crisis
- Tropical Storm Julia soaks northern Florida, Georgia
- Biodiversity Research Institute Announces Research Results: Comprehensive Study Finds Widespread Mercury Contamination Across Western North America
- No safe haven for polar bears in warming Arctic
- El Nino and global warming combine to cause extreme drought in the Amazon rainforest
- Greenhouse gas-monitoring aircraft keep tabs on the Amazon's rising methane levels
- Web pioneer Halsey Minor bets on VR with Live Planet
- China puts fishing village on lockdown after protests
- One Simple Comic Explains Climate Change
- Jay Z's Tidal streaming service losing $2.3M a month
- Rapid gene analysis method accelerates photosynthesis studies
- Jen Richards joins 'Nashville' Season 5
- Scientists improve method to pull greenhouse gas from natural gas streams
- The buzz on how climate change impacts nature's mimicry system
- Review: Consumers lose as FCC retreats on set-top box proposal
- Full circle: space algae fighting malnutrition in Congo
- Tropical Storms and Hurricanes of 2016 (Photos)
Popular Climate news
No popular news yet
No popular news yet
- One-tenth of the world's wilderness lost in 2 decades
- A tenth of the world's wilderness lost since the 1990s
- Study: A tenth of the world's wilderness lost since the 1990s
- NIST and Navy tests suggest telecom networks could back up GPS time signals
- Study finds earthquakes can trigger near-instantaneous aftershocks on different faults