Popular Science articles about Earth & Climate
A new study examining wildfires in California found that human activity explains as much about their frequency and location as climate influences. The researchers systematically looked at human behaviors...
Science can flourish when experts disagree, but in the governmental realm uncertainty can lead to inadequate policy and preparedness. When it comes to climate change, it can be OK for...
Drought could render the U.S. Northeast's mixed forests unsustainable after 2050 while Washington's Cascade Mountains may require tropical and subtropical forest species, according to researchers using a new type of...
A new study has found that the very corals responsible for establishing today's reefs are now some of the most threatened coral species due to climate change and other man-made...
Most stream-resident fish stay throughout winter despite the ice. This has been shown by Christine Weber, previous researcher at Umeå University, by tagging trout and sculpins with transponders to follow...
Cambridge, UK and Gland, Switzerland. To prevent a new mass extinction of the world's animal and plant life, we need to understand the threats to biodiversity, where they occur and...
Beachgoers may soon be able to know in a timely manner if the water is clean enough for swimming, thanks to some new technology developed by researchers from Michigan State...
A single U.S. shale oil field is responsible for much of the past decade's increase in global atmospheric levels of ethane, a gas that can damage air quality and impact...
Many tropical forest trees depend on large fruit-eating animals such as elephants, tapirs, monkeys and hornbills for dispersing their sizeable seeds. Declines of these large mammals and birds due to...
Plastics are all around us. They are found in containers and packing materials, children's toys, medical devices and electronics.
Climate News in Images
- Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack drafted amidst knee concerns
- Chase Elliott edges Austin Dillon for Talladega pole
- At least 12 dead, in apartment collapse as flooding continues in Kenya
- Forming fogbows: Study finds limit on evaporation to ice sheets, but that may change
- Green Bay Packers' draft pick could help LB Clay Matthews move outside
- Reports: Protesters storm Iraqi parliament, use barbed wire to contain lawmakers
- Bong video could cost Laremy Tunsil millions
- What lies beneath West Antarctica?
- Chicago Bears add experienced backup QB with signing of Brian Hoyer
- 'Catastrophic deterioration' in Aleppo in last 2 days, says U.N.
- Martin Freeman reveals when 'Sherlock' Season 4 will begin airing
- China denies U.S. Navy carrier port visit to Hong Kong
- VIDEO: Helping hand for chilly owls
- Rescued lions roar into South Africa after flight from Peru
- Cambodia to add 1 million hectares of protected forest
- Pentagon slams Benghazi panel for wasting money with exhaustive probe, repeated 'threats' and demands
- Vernon Hargreaves seemed destined for Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- In reversal, staff of Coastal Commission recommends approval of Newport Beach hotel and housing project
- Helicopter carrying 13 'totally smashed' on Norway coast, several dead
- Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis pledges $500 million toward Las Vegas stadium
- Belgium Is Giving Radiation Pills to Entire Population
- Study analyzes impact of Washington state coal-export plan
- Pennsylvania probes possible link between quakes
- The dangers of unexploded bombs in Syria
- Greenland ice sheet recoups subliming water vapour
- Australia contracts for ANZAC-class frigate sustainment
- World View Raises $15 Million for High-Altitude Balloon Work
- Ice Loss Accelerating in Greenland's Coastal Glaciers
- Speedy Bridge Repair
- Europe makes fourth attempt to launch Russian rocket
Popular Climate news
No popular news yet
- Contamination in North Dakota linked to fracking spills
- Beach buoys deployed to detect beach contamination
- Widespread loss of ocean oxygen to become noticeable in 2030s
- New tool puts a consistent value on experts' uncertainty on climate change models
- Water storage made prehistoric settlement expansion possible in Amazonia