Monday, August 1, 2011 - 11:32 in Astronomy & Space
Dawn took a new image over Vesta's northern hemisphere after the spacecraft completed its first passage over the dark side of the giant asteroid. It is northern hemisphere winter on Vesta now, so its north pole is in deep shadow.
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft approaches protoplanet VestaFri, 10 Jun 2011, 11:32:58 EDT
- Vesta likely cold and dark enough for iceWed, 25 Jan 2012, 17:39:58 EST
- When minor planets Ceres and Vesta rock the Earth into chaosFri, 15 Jul 2011, 17:35:08 EDT
- Asteroid's troughs suggest stunted planetThu, 27 Sep 2012, 9:08:04 EDT
- Dark side of a Saturnian moon: Iapetus is coated with foreign dustThu, 10 Dec 2009, 17:42:30 EST