The first stunning images of an asteroid known as Vesta which is twice the size the state of California are providing new possible clues on the evolution of earth and the solar system. The images were captured by NASA's Dawn spacecraft which launched in 2007.
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft approaches protoplanet VestaFri, 10 Jun 2011, 11:32:58 EDT
- Solar corona revealed in super-high-definitionFri, 20 Jul 2012, 22:02:51 EDT
- NASA spacecraft ready to explore outer solar systemMon, 6 Oct 2008, 14:22:33 EDT
- IBEX makes first images of magnetotail structures, dynamic interactions occurring in spaceTue, 14 Dec 2010, 16:36:10 EST
- NASA sees sun send out mid-level solar flareThu, 19 Jul 2012, 12:08:19 EDT