Friday, April 27, 2012 - 11:30 in Earth & Climate
An oceanographer who noticed a disappearing act in which the surface of the ocean went from confetti-covered to clear now suggests wind may driving large amounts of trash deeper into the sea.
- Wind pushes plastics deeper into oceans, driving trash estimates upWed, 25 Apr 2012, 20:33:38 EDT
- Plastic trash altering ocean habitats, Scripps study showsWed, 9 May 2012, 0:31:08 EDT
- Southern Ocean winds open window to the deep seaMon, 15 Mar 2010, 9:40:26 EDT
- Oceanic 'garbage patch' not nearly as big as portrayed in mediaTue, 4 Jan 2011, 15:34:26 EST
- Eddies found to be deep, powerful modes of ocean transportThu, 28 Apr 2011, 14:35:19 EDT