Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 21:00 in Earth & Climate
SEATTLE, April 25 (UPI) -- Research on how much plastic litters the oceans may vastly underestimate the true amount because it only looks at the surface, a U.S. researcher says.
- Wind pushes plastics deeper into oceans, driving trash estimates upWed, 25 Apr 2012, 20:33:38 EDT
- Plastics in oceans decompose, release hazardous chemicals, surprising new study saysWed, 19 Aug 2009, 18:23:03 EDT
- Dining out in an ocean of plastic: How foraging albatrosses put plastic on the menuTue, 27 Oct 2009, 20:35:23 EDT
- Plastic Surgery 2009 news briefsFri, 23 Oct 2009, 13:08:40 EDT
- Sea Education Association finds widespread floating plastic debris in the western North Atlantic OceanThu, 19 Aug 2010, 14:24:11 EDT