Decades of research into how much plastic litters the ocean, conducted by skimming only the surface, may in some cases vastly underestimate the true amount of plastic debris, according to a University of Washington oceanographer publishing in Geophysical Research Letters.
- Wind pushes plastics deeper into oceans, driving trash estimates upWed, 25 Apr 2012, 20:33:38 EDT
- Sea Education Association finds widespread floating plastic debris in the western North Atlantic OceanThu, 19 Aug 2010, 14:24:11 EDT
- MBARI research shows where trash accumulates in the deep seaWed, 5 Jun 2013, 16:08:44 EDT
- Plastic trash altering ocean habitats, Scripps study showsWed, 9 May 2012, 0:31:08 EDT
- UCLA report urges new global policy effort to tackle crisis of plastic litter in oceansWed, 30 Oct 2013, 11:05:08 EDT