Researchers report the characterization of an immune system molecule that targets what appears to be an "Achilles heel" of a wide range of influenza viruses -- including the viruses responsible for past global pandemics, those causing current common infections, and strains of bird flu believed to pose future world threats.
- Scripps research team finds immune molecule that attacks wide range of flu virusesThu, 26 Feb 2009, 14:45:15 EST
- Flu virus foiled againThu, 26 Feb 2009, 14:31:58 EST
- New vaccine element could generate better protection from avian influenzaFri, 19 Sep 2008, 14:37:28 EDT
- Scientists develop mathematical model to predict the immune response to influenzaWed, 13 May 2009, 11:45:07 EDT
- Scientists identify lab-made proteins that neutralize multiple strains of seasonal and pandemic fluSun, 22 Feb 2009, 13:29:39 EST