Researchers have developed a vaccine that appears to protect against the 1918 "Spanish" influenza virus. Using a mammalian expression system they created a virus-like particle (VLP) that mimics the 1918 influenza virus, prompting the immune system to develop protective antibodies.
- Fine-tuning the flu vaccine for broader protectionMon, 8 Aug 2011, 16:37:40 EDT
- New vaccine element could generate better protection from avian influenzaFri, 19 Sep 2008, 14:37:28 EDT
- NIH-funded scientists find 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza vaccine protects mice from 1918 flu virusTue, 15 Jun 2010, 11:53:52 EDT
- 2009 H1N1 vaccine protects against 1918 influenza virusTue, 15 Jun 2010, 11:53:43 EDT
- Building a better flu vaccine: Add second strain of influenza BTue, 6 Apr 2010, 15:32:49 EDT