Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - 01:03 in Astronomy & Space
SALT LAKE CITY, April 2 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say supermassive black holes in the center of galaxies grow by repeatedly capturing and consuming single stars from pairs that wander too close.
- How black holes growMon, 2 Apr 2012, 11:35:30 EDT
- Black hole growth found to be out of syncTue, 12 Jun 2012, 10:33:54 EDT
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Newly merged black hole eagerly shreds starsFri, 8 Apr 2011, 12:38:44 EDT
- Verdict: Supermassive black holes not guilty of shutting down star formationThu, 22 Jan 2009, 9:17:38 EST