Using two NASA X-ray satellites, astronomers have discovered what drives the "heartbeats" seen in the light from an unusual black hole system. These results give new insight into the ways that black holes can regulate their intake and severely curtail their growth.
- Taking the pulse of a black hole systemWed, 12 Jan 2011, 17:33:30 EST
- Swift, XMM-Newton satellites tune into a middleweight black holeTue, 10 Nov 2009, 10:57:46 EST
- VLT and Rossi XTE satellite probe violently variable black holesWed, 15 Oct 2008, 12:14:48 EDT
- Black holes are the rhythm at the heart of galaxiesTue, 18 Nov 2008, 16:23:00 EST
- NASA's Chandra sees remarkable outburst from old black holeMon, 30 Apr 2012, 16:35:35 EDT