Wednesday, January 4, 2012 - 16:31 in Biology & Nature
Nature's game of intimidation and imitation comes full circle in the waters of Indonesia, where scientists have recorded for the first time an association between the black-marble jawfish and the mimic octopus.
- Fish mimics octopus that mimics fishWed, 4 Jan 2012, 16:35:03 EST
- Octopus mimics flatfish and flaunts itThu, 26 Aug 2010, 9:44:33 EDT
- A convincing mimic: Scientists report octopus imitating flounder in the AtlanticWed, 3 Mar 2010, 17:48:56 EST
- Bionic microrobot mimics the 'water strider' and walks on waterWed, 27 Jul 2011, 17:36:51 EDT
- Man-made pores mimic important features of natural poresTue, 17 Jul 2012, 13:04:17 EDT