Spurred by a warming climate, daily record high temperatures occurred twice as often as record lows over the last decade across the continental United States, new research shows. The ratio of record highs to lows is likely to increase dramatically if emissions of greenhouse gases continue to climb.
- Record high temperatures far outpace record lows across USThu, 12 Nov 2009, 12:15:11 EST
- Record highs far outpace record lows across USThu, 12 Nov 2009, 20:42:56 EST
- Global warming has increased monthly heat records by a factor of 5Mon, 14 Jan 2013, 11:04:20 EST
- 42,226 daily temperature readings, and countingFri, 7 May 2010, 10:46:45 EDT
- Time running out to save climate record held in unique eastern European Alps glacierThu, 9 Dec 2010, 13:42:42 EST