Tuesday, October 7, 2008 - 09:28 in Astronomy & Space
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tiny asteroid discovered earlier Monday by an Arizona observatory will hit Earth's atmosphere over Sudan in a few hours but will burn up before it can hit the ground or endanger aircraft, astronomers said.
- UK astronomers observe asteroid before it crashes into EarthThu, 26 Mar 2009, 9:26:38 EDT
- Asteroid monitored from outer space to ground impactWed, 25 Mar 2009, 17:17:11 EDT
- MIT: New research suggests that near-Earth encounters can 'shake' asteroidsWed, 20 Jan 2010, 13:27:37 EST
- Avoiding an asteroid collisionMon, 13 Sep 2010, 18:28:53 EDT
- CU study provides new evidence ancient asteroid caused global firestorm on EarthWed, 27 Mar 2013, 15:23:06 EDT