The object burned up over Sudan, posing no threat to people. The successful prediction shows that an alert system is working, Jet Propulsion Laboratory expert says. Scientists for the first time were able predict the arrival of an asteroid before it entered Earth's atmosphere.
- Asteroid monitored from outer space to ground impactWed, 25 Mar 2009, 17:17:11 EDT
- New MIT study shows breakdown in Planck’s lawThu, 30 Jul 2009, 15:29:05 EDT
- Asteroid impact helps trace meteorite originsWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:22:30 EDT
- New UC Davis study: Climate 'tipping points' may arrive without warning, says top forecasterTue, 9 Feb 2010, 19:13:54 EST
- How to deflect asteroids and save the EarthThu, 16 Apr 2009, 12:50:44 EDT