The object burned up over Sudan, posing no threat to people. The prediction shows that an alert system is working, a Jet Propulsion Laboratory expert says. Scientists for the first time were able to predict the arrival of an asteroid before it entered Earth's atmosphere.
- Asteroid monitored from outer space to ground impactWed, 25 Mar 2009, 17:17:11 EDT
- Asteroid impact helps trace meteorite originsWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:22:30 EDT
- New MIT study shows breakdown in Planck’s lawThu, 30 Jul 2009, 15:29:05 EDT
- MIT astronomer leads the first team to study a Kuiper Belt object during a stellar occultationWed, 16 Jun 2010, 13:34:42 EDT
- How to deflect asteroids and save the EarthThu, 16 Apr 2009, 12:50:44 EDT