In two clinical trials, patients showed sharp improvement in blood sugar control and many were able to stop their medications.In findings that promise radical changes in the care of the 20 million U.S. patients with Type 2 diabetes, two new clinical trials have shown that weight-loss surgery brings about dramatically greater improvement of blood sugar control in obese diabetics than standard diabetes care.
- JDRF-funded clinical trial demonstrates continuous glucose monitoring improves blood sugar controlTue, 9 Sep 2008, 9:22:52 EDT
- Trial will test whether surgery is the best option for type 2 diabetesThu, 10 Feb 2011, 18:02:44 EST
- Losing weight soon after type 2 diabetes diagnosis doubles positive outcomesTue, 12 Aug 2008, 7:21:56 EDT
- JDRF-funded studies show regular CGM use increases diabetes control for all age groupsTue, 8 Sep 2009, 18:23:39 EDT
- Sensor and insulin pump results in better blood-sugar control in all age groups with diabetesTue, 29 Jun 2010, 12:10:38 EDT