Friday, February 26, 2010 - 21:42 in Health & Medicine
African-Americans age 65 and younger are more than twice as likely to have a stroke compared with Caucasians in any region, and people who have a stroke are more likely to die in the South than elsewhere, according to researchers.
- UAB study shows African-Americans have highest stroke rate, southerners more likely to dieFri, 26 Feb 2010, 16:42:09 EST
- African-Americans may be at higher risk of stroke-causing brain lesionsMon, 6 Oct 2008, 17:22:14 EDT
- Study: African-Americans have better stroke survival ratesMon, 31 Jan 2011, 18:21:28 EST
- Few African-Americans call 911 immediately for stroke symptomsThu, 5 May 2011, 11:06:36 EDT
- Americans born in the South may have a higher risk of dying from stroke as adultsMon, 30 Nov 2009, 17:15:57 EST