Changes in the speed that ice travels in more than 200 outlet glaciers indicates that Greenland's contribution to rising sea level in the 21st century might be significantly less than the upper limits some scientists thought possible, a new study shows.
- Increasing speed of Greenland glaciers gives new insight for rising sea levelThu, 3 May 2012, 15:14:49 EDT
- Greenland glaciers: What lies beneathTue, 15 Dec 2009, 16:53:23 EST
- Recent climate, glacier changes in Antarctica at the 'upper bound' of normalSun, 14 Apr 2013, 21:02:46 EDT
- Analysis of past glacial melting shows potential for increased Greenland ice melt and sea level riseSun, 31 Aug 2008, 14:43:03 EDT
- Ice Age lesson predicts a faster rise in sea levelSun, 31 Aug 2008, 14:43:06 EDT