Counting Sharks with Cameras: "Chum Cam" Underwater Video Survey Shows That Reef Sharks Thrive in Marine Reserves
A team of scientists, led by the Institute for Ocean Conservation Science at Stony Brook University, used video cameras to count Caribbean reef sharks (Carcharhinus perezi) inside and outside marine reserves on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef in the Caribbean Sea.
- 'Chum cam' underwater video survey shows that reef sharks thrive in marine reserves Thu, 8 Mar 2012, 20:33:56 EST
- Scientists can track origin of shark fins using 'zip codes' in their DNAWed, 27 Apr 2011, 10:34:45 EDT
- World-class protection boosts Australia's Great Barrier ReefMon, 22 Feb 2010, 10:54:46 EST
- New analysis confirms sharks are in troubleThu, 29 Sep 2011, 11:36:26 EDT
- Scientists provide first large-scale estimate of reef shark losses in the Pacific OceanFri, 27 Apr 2012, 18:35:24 EDT