Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 14:20 in Astronomy & Space
While some galaxies are rotund and others are slender disks like our spiral Milky Way, new observations from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope show that the Sombrero galaxy is both.
- Split-personality elliptical galaxy holds a hidden spiralMon, 22 Oct 2012, 13:34:51 EDT
- Space telescope's new survey of outer galaxy helps Iowa State astronomers study starsMon, 30 Aug 2010, 0:50:19 EDT
- Texas A&M team determines ancient galaxy cluster still producing starsWed, 18 Aug 2010, 14:08:29 EDT
- Strange new 'species' of ultra-red galaxy discoveredThu, 1 Dec 2011, 14:38:41 EST
- Texas A&M-led research finds ancient city of 'modern' galaxiesTue, 11 May 2010, 13:03:50 EDT