Dusty disc of crushed comets around a nearby star caused by collisions with thousands of comets a day
Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:31 in Astronomy & Space
Astronomers have studied a ring of dust around the nearby star Fomalhaut and have deduced that it is created by the collision of thousands of comets every day.
- Herschel sees dusty disc of crushed cometsThu, 12 Apr 2012, 12:37:09 EDT
- Comet collisions every 6 seconds explain 17-year-old stellar mystery Thu, 8 Nov 2012, 20:04:22 EST
- Exocomets may be as common as exoplanetsMon, 7 Jan 2013, 16:35:00 EST
- Do missing Jupiters mean massive comet belts?Tue, 27 Nov 2012, 12:06:00 EST
- Hubble finds that a bizarre X-shaped intruder is linked to an unseen asteroid collisionWed, 13 Oct 2010, 13:36:40 EDT