Umbilical cord blood cells can successfully be reprogrammed to function like embryonic stem cells, setting the basis for the creation of a comprehensive bank of tissue-matched, cord blood-derived induced pluripotent stem cells for off-the-shelf applications, researchers report.
- Umbilical cord blood as a readily available source for off-the-shelf, patient-specific stem cellsThu, 1 Oct 2009, 12:54:11 EDT
- It's in the bank: Human cord blood reprogrammed into embryonic-like stem cellsThu, 1 Oct 2009, 12:54:18 EDT
- Clinical trial demonstrates safety of pre-transplant expansion of umbilical cord blood stem cellsMon, 8 Dec 2008, 16:31:07 EST
- Umbilical cord cells may treat arthritisMon, 15 Nov 2010, 19:21:28 EST
- Device could improve harvest of stem cells from umbilical cord bloodMon, 20 Jun 2011, 13:02:26 EDT