The positive effects of mindfulness meditation on pain and working memory may result from an improved ability to regulate a crucial brain wave called the alpha rhythm. This rhythm is thought to "turn down the volume" on distracting information, whic...
- Meditation may help the brain 'turn down the volume' on distractionsThu, 21 Apr 2011, 11:32:33 EDT
- Zen training speeds the mind's return after distraction, brain scans revealTue, 2 Sep 2008, 23:14:17 EDT
- Demystifying meditation -- brain imaging illustrates how meditation reduces painTue, 5 Apr 2011, 18:33:27 EDT
- How to build a bigger brainTue, 12 May 2009, 13:35:36 EDT
- Meditation appears to produce enduring changes in emotional processing in the brainTue, 13 Nov 2012, 15:06:24 EST