Embryonic stem cells those revered cells that give rise to every cell type in the body just got another badge of honor. If they suffer damage that makes them a threat to the developing embryo, they swiftly fall on their swords for the greater good, according to a study published online May 3, 2012 in the journal Molecular Cell.
- Stem cells poised to self-destruct for the good of the embryoThu, 3 May 2012, 15:14:02 EDT
- Human embryonic stem cells developed from 4-cell embryo; world first may lessen ethical concernsWed, 9 Jul 2008, 6:35:48 EDT
- Transforming skin cells into stem cells using a molecular toolkitThu, 18 Feb 2010, 14:21:54 EST
- Stanford research sheds light on key trigger of embryonic stem cell differentiationWed, 5 Nov 2008, 12:57:15 EST
- Banning federal funding for human embryonic stem cell research would derail related workThu, 9 Jun 2011, 18:34:34 EDT