Researchers at Virginia Bioinformatics Institute at Virginia Tech have assembled the draft genome of a marine algae sequence to aid scientists across the US in a project that aims to discover the best algae species for producing biodiesel fuel. The results have been published in Nature Communications.
- Algae biofuels: the wave of the futureTue, 3 Apr 2012, 16:35:28 EDT
- Algae: Biofuel of the future?Mon, 18 Aug 2008, 22:42:13 EDT
- Bioengineered marine algae expands environments where biofuels can be producedMon, 26 Nov 2012, 15:03:49 EST
- Algae for biofuels: Moving from promise to reality, but how fast?Tue, 2 Nov 2010, 12:38:30 EDT
- AgriLife scientists do groundwork for genetic mapping of algae biofuel speciesFri, 12 Mar 2010, 17:15:48 EST