(Medical Xpress) -- A Newcastle University team has discovered that Type 2 diabetes can be reversed by an extreme low calorie diet alone. Affecting two and half million people in the UK and on the increase Type 2 diabetes is a long-term condition caused by too much glucose, a type of sugar, in the blood.
- Low carbohydrate diet may reverse kidney failure in people with diabetesWed, 20 Apr 2011, 17:36:35 EDT
- Diabetic kidney disease on the rise in America, despite improved diabetes careTue, 21 Jun 2011, 22:34:42 EDT
- Nutritious new low-sugar juice targeted for diabetics, individuals with high blood sugarThu, 26 Mar 2009, 12:41:35 EDT
- High-fat diet during pregnancy programs child for future diabetesWed, 25 May 2011, 21:33:46 EDT
- Regulating the sugar factory in diabetesThu, 21 May 2009, 9:29:08 EDT