Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:14 in Physics & Chemistry
US scientists have designed a new spray-on explosive detector sensitive enough to detect just a billionth of a gram of explosive. After treatment the explosive glows blue under UV light, making it perfect for use in the field - or on CSI: Miami.
- ORNL demonstrates super-sensitive explosives detectorWed, 25 Jun 2008, 17:35:51 EDT
- MIT news: New sensor can detect tiny traces of explosivesMon, 9 May 2011, 16:34:33 EDT
- Advanced explosives detector to sniff out previously undetectable amounts of TNTWed, 8 Aug 2012, 16:04:50 EDT
- Explosives vapor detection technology: The new 'sniff test'Thu, 21 Feb 2013, 10:09:35 EST
- New method for detecting explosivesFri, 13 Mar 2009, 14:46:44 EDT