Thursday, August 18, 2011 - 14:30 in Physics & Chemistry
A new technique using sound waves can "see" the spots rising inside the sun, possibly improving forecasts of solar storms, scientists say.
- New method detects emerging sunspots deep inside the sun, provides warning of dangerous solar flaresFri, 19 Aug 2011, 15:33:02 EDT
- Team devises technique to predict dust storms with infrared satelliteTue, 6 Jul 2010, 11:23:36 EDT
- Solar storm protectionThu, 12 Jul 2012, 17:07:23 EDT
- Marine energy doubled by predicting wave powerWed, 27 Jun 2012, 11:06:49 EDT
- NASA-enhanced dust storm predictions to aid health communityTue, 28 Oct 2008, 16:49:27 EDT