Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 09:00 in Earth & Climate
The meeting of hot lava and cool water formed knobby, hollow pillars in a valley in Iceland, a process that was once thought to occur only in the oceans.
- Potential Iceland eruption could pump acid into European airspaceTue, 12 Jun 2012, 21:33:40 EDT
- Icelandic volcanoes help researchers understand potential effects of eruptionsMon, 14 Jul 2008, 11:42:49 EDT
- Lava likely made river-like channel on MarsThu, 4 Mar 2010, 17:02:00 EST
- Icelandic volcanoes can be unpredictable and dangerous, say Texas A&M profFri, 16 Apr 2010, 11:34:04 EDT
- New form of Mars lava flow dicoveredThu, 26 Apr 2012, 15:35:24 EDT