Biologists have released seven young Louisiana pine snakes on a restored longleaf pine stand in the Kisatchie National Forest in Louisiana. The release is the fourth in two years, part of a plan to restore a very rare snake to its range in Louisiana.
- Taking America's rarest snake back to the woodsMon, 7 May 2012, 23:33:17 EDT
- Wetlands restoration not a panacea for Louisiana coastFri, 26 Sep 2008, 11:15:37 EDT
- Fragmented forests result in more snakes, fewer birdsTue, 4 May 2010, 13:51:13 EDT
- Discovery of a water snake that startles fish in a way that makes them flee into its jawsThu, 18 Jun 2009, 17:08:45 EDT
- Shades of gray: LSU researcher studies South Louisiana's historical ties to the oil industryWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:06:41 EDT