Herpetologists have discovered a single specimen of the Bururi long-fingered frog during a research expedition to Burundi in December 2011. The frog was last seen by scientists in 1949 and was feared to be extinct after decades of turmoil in the tiny East African nation.
- Elusive long-fingered frog found after 62 yearsTue, 27 Mar 2012, 16:38:10 EDT
- Biologists rediscover endangered frog populationTue, 28 Jul 2009, 9:25:04 EDT
- 'McDonalization' of frogsTue, 22 Sep 2009, 14:44:08 EDT
- Frogs that hear with their mouthMon, 2 Sep 2013, 17:01:33 EDT
- Frogs with disease-resistance genes may escape extinctionWed, 16 Jul 2008, 5:07:31 EDT