An increasing number of obese adolescents, particularly females, are undergoing gastric bypass surgery. Yet a recent case study highlights the possible link between gastric bypass surgery in adolescent girls and an increased risk for neural tube defects.
- Loss of nutrients following gastric bypass surgery in adolescent girlsSun, 3 Oct 2010, 3:29:30 EDT
- Study links gastric bypass surgery to increased risk of kidney stonesThu, 26 Jun 2008, 11:29:41 EDT
- Questions remain on bariatric surgery for adolescentsTue, 9 Feb 2010, 17:29:27 EST
- Anemia following surgery for morbid obesityMon, 19 Apr 2010, 13:58:24 EDT
- Gastric bypass surgery increases risk of kidney stonesWed, 10 Mar 2010, 17:53:59 EST