For suicidal adolescents, the emergency department (ED) is most often the chosen portal to mental health services. New research, presented Friday, Oct. 1, at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference and Exhibition in San Francisco, looks at what happens to the 30 percent of suicidal adolescents who are discharged from the ED and whether they go on to access additional mental health services.
- Most suicidal adolescents receive follow-up care after ER visitsFri, 1 Oct 2010, 6:09:50 EDT
- Antidepressants cut risk of hospital readmission for suicidal youthThu, 17 Dec 2009, 14:24:14 EST
- School-based mental health screening for teens results in connection to careThu, 25 Aug 2011, 22:32:41 EDT
- Cyberbullying only rarely the sole factor identified in teen suicidesSat, 20 Oct 2012, 17:33:13 EDT
- Loss of nutrients following gastric bypass surgery in adolescent girlsSun, 3 Oct 2010, 3:29:30 EDT