Mutations in a single gene can cause several types of developmental brain abnormalities that experts have traditionally considered different disorders. Researchers have now found those mutations through whole exome sequencing -- a new gene scanning technology that cuts the cost and time of searching for rare mutations.
- Gene scan finds link across array of childhood brain disordersSun, 22 Aug 2010, 14:57:01 EDT
- CSHL scientists use next-gen sequencing to rapidly discover genetic cause of devastating disorderWed, 13 Jan 2010, 10:26:12 EST
- Next generation sequencing establishes genetic link between two rare diseasesThu, 29 Jul 2010, 13:08:40 EDT
- Researchers discover first genes for stutteringWed, 10 Feb 2010, 17:40:28 EST
- As new data wave begins, a gene study in one disease discovers mutations in an unrelated diseaseWed, 20 Jul 2011, 23:35:14 EDT