In less than four months since launch, the first calibrated images are being delivered by the European Space Agency's SMOS mission. These images of 'brightness temperature' translate into clear information on global variations of soil moisture and ocean salinity to advance our understanding of the water cycle.
- First images from ESA's water missionTue, 23 Feb 2010, 9:09:36 EST
- Soil moisture and ocean salinity satellite ready for launchThu, 29 Oct 2009, 10:16:20 EDT
- SMOS satellite successfully launchedMon, 2 Nov 2009, 11:09:47 EST
- Super storm tracked by European Space Agency water missionSat, 10 Nov 2012, 18:21:18 EST
- UA-operated stereo camera selected for Mars missionTue, 3 Aug 2010, 15:15:59 EDT