PUERTO MONTT, Chile (Reuters) - Chile evacuated the last of a small group of military personnel and civilians from the vicinity of an erupting volcano in its remote Patagonian south before dawn on Thursday, after it spat a surge of fiery material, officials said.
- Chile's Chaiten volcano one of scores of active volcanoes in region, says CU-Boulder professorWed, 7 May 2008, 9:28:39 EDT
- 3 satellites see eruption of Puyehue-Cordón volcano from spaceMon, 6 Jun 2011, 17:01:20 EDT
- Nonmilitary personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan more likely to be medically evacuatedMon, 14 Feb 2011, 13:03:22 EST
- Pre-eruption earthquakes offer clues to volcano forecastersWed, 16 Dec 2009, 19:08:11 EST
- Oscillating 'plug' of magma causes tremors that forecast volcanic eruptions: UBC researchWed, 23 Feb 2011, 13:35:46 EST