Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 09:30 in Earth & Climate
Todays mega forest fires of the southwestern U.S. are truly unusual and exceptional in the long-term record, suggests a new study that examined hundreds of years of ancient tree ring and fire data from two distinct climate periods.
- Ancient tree-ring records from Southwest US suggest today's megafires are truly unusualWed, 16 May 2012, 13:35:17 EDT
- Giant sequoias yield longest fire history from tree ringsThu, 18 Mar 2010, 9:44:30 EDT
- Climate change could cripple southwestern forestsSun, 30 Sep 2012, 16:33:41 EDT
- Seeing the wood for the trees: New study shows sheep in tree-ring recordsWed, 27 Jul 2011, 3:32:22 EDT
- Koalas as picky leaf-eaters, ancient insects in warm climates and California's forest firesTue, 23 Nov 2010, 11:31:40 EST