Sensors, radio transmitters and GPS modules all feature low power consumption. All it takes is a few milliwatts to run them. Energy from the environment - from sources such as light or vibrations - may be enough to meet these requirements. A new measurement device can determine whether or not the energy potential is high enough.
- Device captures ambient electromagnetic energy to drive small electronic devicesThu, 7 Jul 2011, 13:07:44 EDT
- Fuel cells, energy conversion and mathematicsFri, 24 Jul 2009, 12:51:53 EDT
- UT Arlington physics team demonstrates new power generation techniqueMon, 12 Nov 2012, 14:24:06 EST
- 'Fish technology' draws renewable energy from slow water currentsFri, 21 Nov 2008, 12:22:32 EST
- Energy use in the media cloudFri, 3 Dec 2010, 5:42:09 EST