Sensors, radio transmitters and GPS modules all feature low power consumption. All it takes is a few milliwatts to run them. Energy from the environment -- from sources such as light or vibrations -- may be enough to meet these requirements. A new measurement device can determine whether or not the energy potential is high enough.
- Device captures ambient electromagnetic energy to drive small electronic devicesThu, 7 Jul 2011, 13:07:44 EDT
- Mini generators make energy from random ambient vibrationsTue, 23 Mar 2010, 10:38:29 EDT
- Researchers create smaller and more efficient nuclear batteryWed, 7 Oct 2009, 13:21:51 EDT
- Powering pacemakers with heartbeat vibrationsWed, 1 Feb 2012, 20:32:04 EST
- Fuel cells, energy conversion and mathematicsFri, 24 Jul 2009, 12:51:53 EDT