Mysterious "blue stragglers" are old stars that appear younger than they should be: they burn hot and blue. Several theories have attempted to explain why they don't show their age, but, until now, scientists have lacked the crucial observations with which to test each hypothesis.
- Blue stragglersThu, 20 Oct 2011, 14:39:23 EDT
- NASA's Hubble finds rare 'blue straggler' stars in Milky Way's hubThu, 26 May 2011, 9:07:15 EDT
- Even stars get fatWed, 14 Jan 2009, 13:30:35 EST
- Stellar mosh pit, complete with crashing stars, resolves a mysteryWed, 23 Dec 2009, 13:32:59 EST
- 'Stellar cannibalism' is key to formation of overweight starsWed, 14 Jan 2009, 13:30:38 EST